SASS Wire Forum

Well...at this rate I will never get to a match...

Pat Riot

This morning at around 02:30 hours we were towing 2 light rail vehicles from one yard to another with our Brandt Truck. 
I was standing on the bed on a flyover when I dropped my radio and it bounced onto the right of way. We stopped so I could retrieve it and while climbing down my foot slipped and I took a tumble onto the concrete track structure. Broke both arm bones at the wrist and bashed my elbow. 

Son-of-a-.... Anyway, I just got home from the hospital after going through some painful bone realignment. Now I gotta go see an orthopedist... again. 

Our Brandt Truck

D8CDF366-1E79-4EE0-8DA8-44E32A741BDE.thumb.jpeg.e0754a5babb59393d802be7595e5ca5a.jpeg

No good my friend! Take care of that arm. Prayers here

Damn Pat that really sucks.

Prayers heading up for a quick recovery.

You certainly are dangerous to yourself.;)

Can only imagine! Although had to do it for a yaer with my shoulder and years ago from a              guess what                  a motorcycle accident!

Merry It’s like a riding partner I had back in the late 1970s.  He dumped his bike on a trip to Gatlinburg, breaking his leg and totaling the bike. He built a new bike and no sooner than he got healed up, he took a trip to Atlanta.  On the way home, he was hit from behind by a Yellow Freight truck with a sleeping driver at the wheel. The bumper of the truck rode up over the back wheel and folded the “sissy bar” down over his back. After a mile or so with him beating his elbow on the grill, the driver woke up and stopped. The back wheel on the bike was ground through the tire and rim, but the bike didn’t go down. Bobby, (we called him Lightnin’) had bruised kidneys and some minor spinal damage, but he was able to get back home and we repaired the bike.

About a year later, he was in downtown Nashville and he was hit by a Greyhound bus while sitting at a traffic light. Broke an arm and a collarbone and destroyed the bike.

The guy that owned the bike shop where we worked was talking to some of us and he laughed and said, “Somebody’s tryin’ ta’ tell Lightnin’ something, and he ain’t listening!!”

Bobby kept riding. He got HUGE, (for the time) settlements from Yellow Freight and Greyhound. He opened his own shop and prospered for a while.

I haven’t heard from him in several years, but most of the time, when I did hear about him, the story was usually about some catastrophe!

Should we maybe change ol’ Pat’s name to “Lightnin’???

EDIT!!  Hey, Pat!!  Get well soon....

and maybe learn to DUCK!!

Good Lord, Pat!  :huh:

I surely hopes you heal up fast... and in the meantime, give some serious thought to Sixgun's suggestion!  ^_^

How’s that  Hee Haw song go “If it weren’t for bad luck, you’d have no luck at all” go. Get well soon Pat.

You really need to stay off anything that is motorized, mechanized, and rolls on land. Ever think of becoming a pirate? 

Best wishes for some quick healing.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. 

There are voice to text apps for smart phones. 

................. but, but, a phone is only as smart as the person using it......   :unsure:

............................ and a smart phone is even less so ... :wacko:

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Pat, I think you need to start dressing differently from now on...

8daacfe5aed8132608da7e28d24272a4.jpeg

I think you're on to something there Sixgun. 

I have a lot of bubble wrap around here. Where should I send it?

And as for you Pat:  Good Lord !

Us oldsters don't bounce as well as we used to.

I hope you're a fast healer and you're not in pain!

Get better soon.

Pat hope you heal up with little pain and in short order.  On the plus side realize that if you would’ve broken both arms and had to go to the bathroom you’d find out who is really your friend.

I wish you a speedy recovery but I think of you as lucky.  Two friends when dismounting railcars and slipping lost one a hand the other a foot.  Those steel wheels are very unforgiving.  Enjoy as much as you can your days off, do your therapy. 

Archived