SASS Wire Forum

Morning ear worm...

We all get ear worms now and then. Those catchy (and sometimes irritating) songs that just get stuck in our noggins. 

This morning about as fast as the alarm was quenched, Beethoven’s Ode to Joy jumped in my brain and hasn’t left. Which, if I’m honest, has made my day more pleasant than otherwise.  

So here’s my favorite version of today’s worm for your listening pleasure...

I had, Oh Oh Oh it's magic........must have been the last commercial I saw before I fell asleep!:lol:

We saw two flash mobs when we lived in California.  The first was at Christmas time at Mile Square park in Fountain Valley the other was a year later on  Independence Day weekend at the Montclair Plaza, a medley of patriotic songs .  Both were amazing.

Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 was running through my head yesterday on the ride home.

What are the odds that both of us would have classical music ear worms that close together?

I guess that It's A Small World After All.:P

I love that video, and the Ode to Joy never gets old for me. I will beg to differ that it is an ear worm. For me, an ear worm is something I don't want stuck in my head! I know others may differ, but Beethoven's Ninth is as close to a perfect piece of music as I can think of. I've heard it done live twice, and was inspired both times. It is the only piece of the music that will consistently send chills up my spine. There's a reason we sent it into space as representative of us!

2 hours ago, DocWard said:

I love that video, and the Ode to Joy never gets old for me. I will beg to differ that it is an ear worm. For me, an ear worm is something I don't want stuck in my head! I know others may differ, but Beethoven's Ninth is as close to a perfect piece of music as I can think of. I've heard it done live twice, and was inspired both times. It is the only piece of the music that will consistently send chills up my spine. There's a reason we sent it into space as representative of us!

I agree. “Ear Worms” are annoying. Good music, songs you like or songs that bring back good memories are a good thing to have stuck in your head. 

I went a whole week recently with The Steve Miller Band songs rolling through my head. That was nice. I am afraid to bring up the annoying ear worm that replaced it for fear that writing the name will bring it back. ;)

Edited because auto communista sux and needs to be overthrown 

Howdy:

Aside from wonderful ear worms, I sometimes get songs from my youth that will not leave:

Karl Sandburg, I think gave us this version:

My name is Jan Johnson,

I come from Visconsin

I verk in de lumber mill der

vhen I go out the people ask

Vot's your name,

and I say,

My name is Jan Johnson

(this repeats as infinitem)

Or even worse

a song we sung in Sunday school:

Ist das eine  Geignspieler

Ja, das ist eine  Geigenspieler

Geigenspieler, Geigenspieler

Ja, das ist eine Geigenspieler

Ist das ein Glockenspeil?

Ja, das ist ein Glockenspeil

Glockenspeil, Glockenspeil

We  sang through a number of items.  Fun  times then.  The Majority of the congregation were Germans and this was an fun and easy way to reinforce the Language most spoke at home without being embarrassed.  Some folks in the neighborhood had bad memories of Germans. Many, including the Congregation were immigrants because of the war.

STL Suomi

I had What's New Pussycat stuck in my head for a week.

I asked my doctor about it and he called it a Tom Jones bug.

I asked the doc if it was common and he said it's not unusual. 

:ph34r:

10 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

Howdy:

Aside from wonderful ear worms, I sometimes get songs from my youth that will not leave:

Karl Sandburg, I think gave us this version:

My name is Jan Johnson,

I come from Visconsin

I verk in de lumber mill der

vhen I go out the people ask

Vot's your name,

and I say,

My name is Jan Johnson

(this repeats as infinitem)

Or even worse

a song we sung in Sunday school:

Ist das eine  Geigenspieler

Ja, das ist eine  Geigenspieler

Geigenspieler, Geigenspieler

Ja, das ist eine Geigenspieler

Ist das ein Glockenspeil?

Glockenspeil, Glockenspeil

We  sang through a number of items.  Fun  times then.  The Majority of the congregation were Germans and this was an fun and easy way to reinforce the Language most spoke at home without being embarrassed.  Some folks in the neighborhood had bad memories of Germans. Many, including the Congregation were immigrants because of the war.

STL Suomi

Love this beautiful music but you know what this brought to mind for me? How very bad I miss people’s faces because of this damn pandemic, the pretty, the not so pretty , the old the young the strong the weak the happy the sad the mad the scared the brave, I miss them all so bad. I pray that we beat this virus and beat it very, very soon. Sorry to derail your topic Charlie. SCJ

Archived