SASS Wire Forum

Uberti cms pro firing pin setup

Fill Yer Hand

Is there a slot in the back of the hammer and a tiny screw on top?  Looks like the Uberti hammer with what was commonly called a hammer-block safety.  That is what came on the standard Cattleman until they changed to their new 3 click hammer with telescoping firing pin.  On this one, the wedge thingie pushes forward when the hammer is on the safety notch.

edit: did you just buy this from El Conejo on another site?  Hammer spur looks familiar.

edit #2: the pin or whatever it is beside that little wedge is not there on one of mine with the hammerblock safety, though, so ???

I'm actually el conejo I need to get it changed its the name temporary name j had till I settled on my official sass name. Someone asked about the firing pin and I think I got it handled. The cylinder pin has two positions on it and when pressed all the way in it presses that bar and acts as a hammer safety.

33 minutes ago, Kid Rodelo said:

I'm actually el conejo I need to get it changed its the name temporary name j had till I settled on my official sass name. Someone asked about the firing pin and I think I got it handled. The cylinder pin has two positions on it and when pressed all the way in it presses that bar and acts as a hammer safety.

The two position base pin (cylinder pin) is an unrelated separate safety from the hammer gizmo.  All Ubertis had that base pin until the recent Cattleman 2 guns with the retractable firing pin and 3 clicks, I "think" they went back to the standard length base pin on that one.  The two-position base pin when pushed in just hits the lower front arch of the hammer (regardless of the style of hammer) so it can't fall all the way.  So I'm still confused on what that large pin is on the side of your hammer.  I've seen a lot of Uberti hammers but not just like that.

There is a spring loaded rod thru the hammer, from the safety notch??  That rod rocks that flat piece up to hold the hammer/firing pin out of battery.  It appears to be "stuck" in the "safe" position.  It should only rock "up" when the hammer is lowered to the "safety" notch.  In other iterations, the flat bar is a different shape and there is receptacle machined in the frame.  Maybe.  Best I can do without having it in my hands.

Archived