SASS Wire Forum

EOT shooting format

Tarheel Doc

Can someone tell me what the format is for the age group categories at EOT?  I live in Indiana and want to attend but I can not be there on June 24th and 25th.  Could I shoot on the 26th?  Just wasn't familiar with how the age group categories are organized on each of the days.  Thanks

Same as most shoots, all categories shoot together, 4 stages on the 24th, 4 staged the 25th, and 4 stages on the 26th.

If you contact the home office you could arrange a shoot through. Maybe.  12 stages in 1 day would be tough.

Yes, there have been just a few shoot-thru's allowed at EOT in the past.    Any work schedule that keeps you in Indiana through Friday will make it even harder to get to New Mexico where ever EOT will be held in 2021 with your gear and be ready to shoot all 12 stages on Saturday, though.  

good luck, GJ

Oh, now I see a Facebook announcement for Paradise Pass but nothing posted by SASS as an announcement here.   Huh!   :(

Maybe you can get to it.  Shooting 12 stages in a day would not be my idea of fun, but then, I'm re....      tired.   :lol:    You will really want to CALL and ask to arrange for a shoot-thru before you start making reservations and applications, though!

GJ

There will be no shoot throughs at EOT. It is the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting and it is important that everyone shoots the same match in the same way. The shoot throughs at EOT in the past accrued before T A Chance took over. There have been no shoot throughs at EOT in the last 8--10 years.

18 minutes ago, Jan Hawkins said:

Is it possible then to only shoot the four stages on day 3 and not days 1 and 2? Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment scheduled for the first two days of the match. 

No offense intended but why would you pay all that money for just one day? It doesn’t seem worth it to me but it’s your money. 

Having lived in Indiana, here's the format: Sweat your hind end off, have a hard time gripping your guns while shooting because of how slick the grips get, try to see the targets with salt in your eyes, go take a break in your car with the a/c on full blast, shoot the last stage thinking this wasn't worth the drive, then on the way home wish that EOT 2022 wasn't so far away.

3 minutes ago, Jan Hawkins said:

That’s what I am trying to sort out. This will be 60 miles from my house and may never have another chance to go. Since I have only gas for travel costs it would be worth it to me. 

Be sure to also check out the NCOWS clubs in Indiana. The NCOWS nationals used to be in Evansville. They may have moved to Kansas. But, the SASS state finals is at the same site that EOT is at so you can also shoot in it.

2 hours ago, Jan Hawkins said:

Is it possible then to only shoot the four stages on day 3 and not days 1 and 2? Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment scheduled for the first two days of the match. 

In the past a Conventioneer was invited to shoot 2 stages...

But, would need to speak with the office, or ask Lassiter if this is viable at this match. In this crazy world /time...we all have had to had changes.

Conventioneer gives you the chance to shoot, enjoy the festivities for a very minamal fee. That would be my suggestion.

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

In the past a Conventioneer was invited to shoot 2 stages...

But, would need to speak with the office, or ask Lassiter if this is viable at this match. In this crazy world /time...we all have had to had changes.

Conventioneer gives you the chance to shoot, enjoy the festivities for a very minamal fee. That would be my suggestion.

I am extending to you this, come out the time you can as my guest. I will pay for your guest badge.

You won't be able to carry your hardware or shoot, but will see up close, enjoy meeting folks, enjoy the experience and the fun EOT offers.

I sent you an email/messsage.

Sure hope to meet you!

Even if not able to shoot, you will find it worth the hour to come out!;)

Is there an outline for 

Conventioneer ,what is included,what can they participate in

Not sure I am able for all the dates but,would love to experience as much as zi can for 3 days

Is there a limit on Conventioneers similar to full registrants 

Thanks 

@Jan Hawkins  The schedule that SASS currently list has the main match being shoot on Wednesday June 23 through Friday June 25,  Saturday they have the awards and Top Gun shotoff.  The main match will be over on friday so there will not be any stages to be shot on Saturday.  They probably changed the schedule to this to give the Paradise Pass Regulators plenty of time to setup the Indiana state shoot the next weekend.

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

In the past a Conventioneer was invited to shoot 2 stages....

I never knew that.  It would certainly make it more worth the cost.

3 hours ago, M D Lancaster said:

Is there an outline for 

Conventioneer ,what is included,what can they participate in

Not sure I am able for all the dates but,would love to experience as much as zi can for 3 days

Is there a limit on Conventioneers similar to full registrants 

Thanks 

Again...the office can confirm for you.;)

12 hours ago, Kuna said:

@Jan Hawkins  The schedule that SASS currently list has the main match being shoot on Wednesday June 23 through Friday June 25,  Saturday they have the awards and Top Gun shotoff.  The main match will be over on friday so there will not be any stages to be shot on Saturday.  They probably changed the schedule to this to give the Paradise Pass Regulators plenty of time to setup the Indiana state shoot the next weekend.

Where is this schedule?

Archived