SASS Wire Forum

17 mach 2 questions

Trigger Mike

I bought some 17hmr a while back but didn't look in the bag and notice they gave me 2 boxes of mach 2 instead.   Since stores have lots of it but no hmr I am stuck with it.  

I have a Ruger American 17hmr.  I have ruger 22 mag pistols.  Since no one has a 17 mach 2 gun in stock,  can I shoot the ammo out of anything I have on hand?  

Mike,

I have a 17 Mach 2 rifle....I would suggest NOT trying to shoot Mach 2 in any other caliber gun, as the bullet diameter is slightly smaller, and ultimately will tumble rather than spin as it exits the barrel.   I would think the store might trade back if they are local to you now.    If not, maybe you can sell to someone near you.....  Mach 2 seems to be the only 17 readily available at the moment, but is priced higher than normal.....

Gracos Kid

24 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I bought some 17hmr a while back but didn't look in the bag and notice they gave me 2 boxes of mach 2 instead.   Since stores have lots of it but no hmr I am stuck with it.  

I have a Ruger American 17hmr.  I have ruger 22 mag pistols.  Since no one has a 17 mach 2 gun in stock,  can I shoot the ammo out of anything I have on hand?  

The only conversions I've seen on these is for the Ruger 10/22.  You would need a conversion barrel AND bolt.  

Archived