SASS Wire Forum

What's your reload speed?

Creeker, SASS #43022

Had a fun CAS v3 Gun crossover moment with my SxS. 

At my first 3-gun match I brought my shotgun, Stoeger side by side. The guy running the clock offered me his Benelli. I said I'll just go with what I'm  safe and familiar with.  That stage had  3  clay pigeons on stands  on each side  and 4 knockdowns with a pigeon tosser in the middle; 14 targets. I ran video of the RO who was running the clock and had offered me his Benelli. A CAS friend took videotape of me. YeeHaw!  I ran the shotgun section faster than him! I loved it (and apparently I'm still talking about it. lol)  I didn't know that they stage their shotguns loaded (6 round max in NJ) If a shooter fumbles a Quad Load the clock is tough on them.  

Some lady saw me walking up there with my shotgun broken open and had commented "His gun broke!"

ive totally misread this thread by what im reading in responses , i thought ,,,,,,,,,,,,silly me that the OP wanted to know what velocity we were reloading to , i see now that those that understood have provided their production levels in time , 

since i reload in sporadic moments with no real time table to adhere to i guess i was correct in not responding to it so far , it takes me weeks to reload 500 rounds the way i do it , but i enjoy the process - i treat it as therapy , im not trying to meet a quota for anyone but me , i like when they turn out well , 

Creeker it sounds like a good idea, except for one thing. The buzzer. When that dang thing goes off stuff happens.:D

The best laid plans of Cowboys go astray when the buzzer goes off.

Archived