SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Bedroll/Sleeping Bag or Swedish Military Sleeping bag

Cholla

This was marketed to me as a cowboy bedroll, perfect for trail rides. I have since found out it is a Swedish military sleeping bag that is very popular for preppers. The attraction is that plant material can be shoved in between the inner and outer shells.

I don't know if it has been used or just stored. The outside is canvas and the inside looks like felt.

From the Internet: 

These bags are called bårsäck. You can fill this bag with whatever insulation you might find; hay, spruce, leaves....

These bags can be used to carry casualties off to get medical attention, like insulated stretchers.

$35 plus shipping. Or FTF near Prescott, AZ.

NOTE: THIS IS HEAVY, BULKY CANVAS. IT WEIGHS 17 POUNDS AND FITS IN A 16x13x13 BOX. It will be roughly $40-$60 to ship.

IMG_2842.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

Is there any insulation in it now, or is it just the canvas outer with the felt inner?

30 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Is there any insulation in it now, or is it just the canvas outer with the felt inner?

No insulation in it. It is just the canvas shell and a felt liner. I would say not a cold weather item as is. A large mummy bag may fit as insulation. It is very cowboy-ish but not something to use backpacking.

• Cholla changed the title to Cowboy Bedroll/Sleeping Bag or Swedish Military Sleeping bag
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived