SASS Wire Forum

How do you think about marijuana?

Alpo

I was a teen in the 60's, and we called it pot, or grass, or weed, or reefer, or MJ (mary jane). We usually rolled it in a joint or a doobie, and sometimes put it in small ornate metal pipe tp smoke.  

Dope.  It is called dope, man.  What else would you call it?  I mean, if you . . . What were we talkin' about?  Oh ya.  So the pope.  Why does he wear that weird hat?  With a hat like that, its no wonder he can't get chicks.  And that's why they call it weed.  Or, dope, or something.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, sassnetguy50 said:

"What is that smell?"

A friend described it to me! I call it dope just to get a reaction from my daughter.

I would think.... ahhh God's creation being used as food. "Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. (Genesis 1.29):rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I don't think about it much, except when a State legalizes it. I outgrew it over 40 years ago. I graduated from HS during the Summer of Love. We called it pot.

Me too.  I never tried it.  Glad I didn't.  I have the kind of personality that tends to excess when I find something I Iike.  And I decided early on that I did not care for the stupidity that others in my age group displayed when they used it.

LL

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I don't think about it much, except when a State legalizes it. I outgrew it over 40 years ago. I graduated from HS during the Summer of Love. We called it pot.

Just for the record, the "Summer of Love was in 1967, 54 years ago..... I guess that's over 40years ago.:ph34r::D

On 1/31/2021 at 9:18 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Herb.

I went to San Francisco State.  Belonged to a fraternity full of athletes... our frat house was a block from Haight Street and four blocks from Ashbury.  Those were mighty short blocks!  :huh:

Mind you, Kappa Phi Delta pre-dated the "Summer of Love" by a number of years.  You can imagine the impression on the jocks when the hippies invaded!  :lol:

Back when I was in college it was all about being in the Eye Phelta Thigh fraternity. :P

And the word that comes to mind to me is pot.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

Just for the record, the "Summer of Love was in 1967, 54 years ago..... I guess that's over 40years ago.:ph34r::D

I didn't smoke pot then. It was later and I didn't quit (outgrow it) for a few years. Maybe, I could have said "50 years."

I was just giving context with the HS thing.

Legalized here in Canada.

Since then, I started using the medicinal version with high (no pun intended) CBD for my knees.

It has helped and allows me to cut back on the use of pain killers in the form of pills until I can get my knees replaced after this Covid (&^%* is over and done and the surgeons here start operating again.

I buy the bud and oil forms from the Ontario Government store to ensure it's as advertised with little of no THC since I am the driver and I use firearms.

Never thought I'd start using the stuff at my age. 

Bongs - I smell bongs.

STL Suomi

Believe it or not, I used to ride the train to and fro work - 1 hr each way, and we had some ignorant kids get on every now and then and do bongs.  Fight back - I would open a can of yummy sardines. :-)

I was not popular, but I hate the smell of a bong.

Archived