SASS Wire Forum

Tuck away question kimber micro

Chili Ron

Howdy 

Im being offered a kimber micro 9.

How are they on recoil.

Anyone own and carry one?

Looks like interesting carry or carry backup piece.

Range burried in snow.....

Any red flags on this one?

Its a fair price, not a big bargain.

Ive never owned a Kimber.....

Thanks aheadotime pards.

Best

CR

Pretty much the same gun as a Sig p938 / Springfield 911 / Colt Mustang.  Recoil is a bit snappy because it's small, so not a lot of fun for long strings.  For what it's designed for, they are great.  My wife loves her Sig.

I had one , nice gun. But the chamber was tight and I had extraction problems with cheap ammo. Don’t try it with a snap cap, if this is as tight as  the one I had.

Quality control can be a bit spotty. Many people like theirs, but I see a lot of threads on other forums where people have one that won't behave and needs an exorcism. Unless it's a really good deal I personally think you can do better for a concealed carry gun. The only problem is the "better" ones (SIG P365 and Springfield Hellcat) are almost impossible to find at the moment.

Mine is just about my every day carry now.  Recoil is a lot less than I expected, about the same as the .380 I used to carry.  Had some problems with FTE but replaced the main spring with an after market one that was a bit stronger and it is now super reliable.   I've carried multiple Kimbers and trust them.

Archived