SASS Wire Forum

Whazzit? Isuzu Rodeo engine part

So a lady I know has her daughter's '04 Isuzu Rodeo in the shop for some major work.  Don't recall the nature of the original issue, but her mechanic sent her a text and said he needs one of these things - whatever the heck it is.

My first thought was a cap for the cam cover - but evidently not.

Any ideas?  Oh... can't really tell, but it appears to be threaded.  :huh:

Resized_IMG_2060.jpeg.9faf810610a205e1a9f80593e652d9ef.jpeg             Resized_IMG_2061.jpeg.2ef77bec0e4a6da40649277a3d38c5f8.jpeg

Why, it's a whajamajigger for the whoknowwhoozit that works the thingamajig. You mean you didn't know??? <_<

Seriously, knowing what part of the engine he took it off of might help. Also, why does he need another one? That one looks just fine as long as the O-ring at the end is replaced.

23 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Why, it's a whajamajigger for the whoknowwhoozit that works the thingamajig. You mean you didn't know??? <_<

Seriously, knowing what part of the engine he took it off of might help. Also, why does he need another one? That one looks just fine as long as the O-ring at the end is replaced.

I suggested exactly that to the lady... that she suggest to her mechanic he might just try replacing the seal.  "But he said it would leak oil!"  Aarrgghh....!  :lol:

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I just did a "Google Search For Image:"

About 2 results (0.76 seconds) 

72wNbUoNEa4XJXIAq7w3Pi8m_7Zu3PH0sFXUjOXd
Image size:
466 × 455
No other sizes of this image found.
Possible related search: artifact
:lol:

I tried the "Google Search For Image" trick right off the bat.

Funny... I got the same result!  :lol:

"Artifact" indeed~!  Somehow, that made me feel kinda old.  1734770439_OldManEmoji.jpg.9803f521189e6f55f80ffc6ccae945e3.jpg

If your mechanic can't put a new o-ring on it and make it work, maybe need new mechanic       GW

Not my mechanic*.  She just asked me if I could help her find one.  I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but need to identify it first... and it's evidently not what I thought it was.  ^_^

And yeah... I think she needs to consider finding a new mechanic for future needs.  :rolleyes:

*My mechanic (when I don't do it myself) is my son ~ and I taught him.  :lol:

It’s a casting plug for when they machine the heads for the camshafts. I’m not sure why you couldn’t just replace the o-ring. Have a little compassion for the mechanic! Did you look at his hands?!!

5 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Her mechanic didn't identify what it is in his text? He just said get me one of these?

(Evidently he told her... she wrote it down, misplaced her note, and is trying to avoid telling him.) Shhhhh....    ^_^

Archived