SASS Wire Forum

Anyone know anything about a ridgid brand generator

Alpo

All I've been able to find on the net is that they don't make them anymore, and that the price for this used one is about half of the last price for a new one.

My knowledge of Ridgid is they made plumbing stuff. Pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, pipe threaders. I have no knowledge of them with anything electrical or gasoline powered.

Likely badge engineering. 

Genny's have a motor power head a a power distribution panel.

If its used unless run on a regular basis I bet the carb is gummed up

Lumpy's absolutely correct about the quality and benefits of a Honda.

That said, sometimes a bargain is worthwhile.  Example... I bought a used 6500 watt Generac for a hundred bucks.  Didn't run.  New carb from Amazon was something in the vicinity of twenty bucks.  

As reliable and "bulletproof" as a Honda?  Nope.  Worth $120?  For as often as I'm likely to use or need it, you bet.  Makes much more sense than spending $3,299 for a comparable Honda

Ridgid is the mid level brand from TTI, they also own Ryobi and Milwaukee.  It’s niche in the marketplace is lower cost professional grade tools.  Ryobi is the low cost, homeowner tool and Milwaukee is the quality above all else brand.   Most of their stuff is good, probably made in China, but to USA specs, not just a China rebadge. 

Archived