SASS Wire Forum

My friend is in the ER with COVID. Update: 1/30/21

Update:  Just talked with Bobby. Whatever stuff they gave him for breathing is working. Still feels lousy but better than yesterday morning. He’ll most likely go home tomorrow morning to ride out the rest. He asked me to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. 
———-

Bobby is 55, an active backpacker, non-smoker, black belt, and tested positive for COVID last week. Said he felt “like his bones were being squeezed” in addition to a host of symptoms. 

This morning he texted, heading to the ER unable to breathe. 

As your faith allows, he could use some prayers today. 

Prayers heading his way.

Pards, please do not minimize the seriousness of this disease and, while it may be distasteful and an infringement of your personal choice, this virus does not care.

I hope and pray you follow the guidelines health experts are giving: Maintaining social distancing, where possible; use of masks etc.

Personally, I have lost my brother-in-law and two cousins to Covid-19 and a dear friend has it but appears to be slowly recovering.

Howdy,

Have them look into that treatment Pres Donald got.

It was one of them early defense things.

Tell him to fight like never before.

The world needs more fellas like him.

Does he do any cowboy action matches??

Would he like to start?

Best

CR

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses.
Both tell me the Number One prevention is serious hand washing.

One of the pards here had it right:  wash hands as well as you would after cutting up jalapeno peppers then wanting to remove a contact lens.

My girls sing "Happy Birthday" twice while vigorously scrubbing the hands.
My dad was an eye doctor and ragged me constantly as a kid, "Son, keep your damn hands away from your face."
The bug gets in through the eyes, nose and mouth.

Cell phones, gas pumps, door knobs and other fixtures are ripe for touching with your hands.
When we go shopping, I wear a lanyard with a small bottle of sanitizer around my neck.
I'm perfectly OK to look like a dork with a lanyard, not that I care one bit..

The bug lives in your nasal passages and throat a few days before descending down into your lungs where it causes permanent damage (fibrosis).
I understand the C19 bug cannot tolerate elevated temperatures.
I steam myself (for allergies also) with a towel over my head, over the top of my electric tea kettle.
Fast and easy.

I'm in on the prayers, too....

As of last week seven members of my family have had Covid, including an 82-year old aunt who's been on full-time oxygen for almost two years.  Amazingly, she weathered it well and recovered at home.

On the other end of the spectrum, a 49-year old male cousin (who had been a skeptic) said it was so bad he literally wanted to shoot himself.  Without going into specifics, he said the pain and misery was indescribable; it was NOT "just the flu."  He had no respiratory issues; his wife caught it and her symptoms were primarily respiratory.

Standing up on my knees for the man and for yourself as well!

11 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Bobby is 55, an active backpacker, non-smoker, black belt, and tested positive for COVID last week. Said he felt “like his bones were being squeezed” in addition to a host of symptoms. 

This morning he texted, heading to the ER unable to breathe. 

As your faith allows, he could use some prayers today. 

Will do

Archived