SASS Wire Forum

What's new? Been a few years since I last visited these parts!

Howdy all,

Not sure I will be shooting CAS regularly, but I am back from the retail deep freeze that kept me in the gun shop every Saturday. 

I see that the Open Range is no more, that EOT is moving and well.. I'm sure that 15 years has had more than a few changes.. 

So if you remember me when my beard wasn't gray and I didn't need spectacles to shoot.. then we can be pards.. 

Let me say, I have missed some of y'all.. and am saddened to know that some have passed on. 

Bless you all, Bless the USA and Bless Texas.

Hext

Been a few rule changes... most for the better, quite a few clarifications to help TOs (that bother to pay attention to 'em)... Welcome back!

What's new? Not much arguing about rank points vs total time anymore. ;)

Welcome back!

A few thoughts:

• Divisional matches have come and gone
  • The Wild Bunch now has an advisory board (very recent)
  • The Modern category disappeared while black powder categories are split into age groups
  • Major matches have moved around
  • No change: there are still periodic ammunition/component shortages.  Coming from retail you know this all too well.
  • Wild Bunch has reached a level of maturity with fewer rule changes.  It does not have the following that CAS has.

Take an RO class next time it is offered.  There are many rule changes.  Like Griff said, "most for the better."  

Howdy Big Hext,   

Happy to hear you're Still Kickin'....

Hope you do start Shootin' regular, It would be great to Posse Up with Ya again !!!!!

Howdy Big Hext!  The S.T.O.R.M. group you started is still going strong on CasCity.  The Cabs have moved a couple times.  The current digital Cowboy Chronicle has a great story about it.  Still have that Baikal I sold you?  Wanna sell it back?  I'll give you $25 more than you paid for it.  :D  See you at the range!

Glad you are ok Hext

What's new? What's new?  Just about everything will be new to you if it's been a few years. Better get to a new shooters clinic and read the newer and improved new and improved new shooter's handbook two or three times..

Sorry all! Forgot my password, got locked out and had to reset! Getting old (and the whiskey) is fogging up the brain..

Currently, we live in Tyler, TX and I am hoping to shoot with the Troublemakers in February. I have only shot one match in the last 10 years or so, with Plum Creek about 2 years ago. Had a big time with some of the old TC gang. 

Abilene, Alley Cat is married, but no kids yet. (Slipknot is Halfhitch's boy). 

And while I'm asking; where is the best place to shop for CAS guns? I still have a brace of Thunderers and Rem 75s, all in 357Mag, a 66 short rifle and 1894 carbine, also 38/357.. but I am sitting on a ton of 45Colt and 44-40 ammo. Gunbroker has some action, but.. My lands, prices have certainly increased! I know things are tight with the pandemic/riot/election/post election/etc.. surge in gun and ammo sales, but I was surprised! Having been on the front lines the last 15 years, I guess I shouldn't be.. 

Thanks for the kind remembrances. I have good memories of you folks.

Dang, I was thinking Slipknot might have been Halfhitch's but couldn't recall Alley Cat.  Sorry I missed you when you shot Plum Creek, guess I must not have made that match.  Do you still have your FFL?  Cimarron got a lot of Ubertis in recently.

Wow, 3-Legged Dog, you, and Long Drink.  Three M.I.A.'s at one match!

Here's a pic of the Tejas Caballeros officers from 2003 that has 4 of the same people in it.

CabOfficers03.jpg

And now I'm scratching my head.  Did I just happen to pull up the pic from which you coincidentally had gotten your avatar without noticing it, or did you just change your avatar to that??  :D

13 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

And now I'm scratching my head.  Did I just happen to pull up the pic from which you coincidentally had gotten your avatar without noticing it, or did you just change your avatar to that??  :D

I don't know what behind the scenes magic happened, but I had to re-register, but I guess someone connected my old profile, with that picture, which was the same as you just posted. I don't have many good pictures of my ugly mug.

Archived