SASS Wire Forum

Thanks Captain Baylor for the cookie sheet tip

Knucky McPee

Big thanks Captain Baylor for a great tip using a cookie sheet under your reloading presses to catch spilt shot, primers, etc. in this months The Cowboy Chronicle. I can not tell you how many times I spilt shot all over the place.   I went out and installed one on my Spolar after reading.   RL 1100 is next. Thanks Captain.

Knucky

IMG_3313.jpg

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I think I need to set mine up in the middle of a kiddie pool!  :)

ya , me too , i make a far bigger mess than that sheet will catch even when im being careful 

Me three!! I hardly ever dropped much with my MEC 600jr. except what gets thru the charge bar. Now using a Grabber--- well lets just say sometimes I spend more time picking up shot & powder than loading. Think I will go with a cookie sheet soon as well. DON'T EVER FORGET TO PUT THE LITTLE RED CAPS BACK ON THE SHOT/POWDER BOTTLES.:o

Haha, I get some powder blow-by, especially from my Lee Loader using Clean Shot and my Lee powder measure using anything with small grains. I just clean it up as best I can and dump it into a waste powder can. But them dang primers comin outta my 550... they go everywhere, even with the chute AND the "guards". I find em everywhere!

So disappointed- thought we were gonna be talking about cookies... chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal.  clickbait!  :P

On 1/29/2021 at 5:19 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

When done pour everything into another cookie sheet. Elevate one end a couple inches and use a soft bristle brush to sweep the powder to the elevated end. Shot will roll back down hill

There is a cowboy that has spilled some to have to come up with that idea.  Now I know what do to do when it happens to me (again).

Chancy

Archived