SASS Wire Forum

Update on Vaccine

Yesterday, my daughter, who works in a hospital, got her second moderna shot. She left work an hour early due to a reaction

of chills and flu like symptons. She is at work this morning and I have texted her. She commented so far so good. Will talk with her this evening after work for an update and pass along what I learn. Momma Badger and I get our second Pfizer shot the 9th of February. 

We got the first Moderna shot a couple of weeks ago. No reaction whatever. My wife's only reaction was a sore arm for 2 days.

All reports say a reaction after the second shot is common and is because the immune response from the 1st shot is working. The 2nd boosts it and results in the 95% expected immunity at about a week thereafter. First shot after 2 weeks confers some degree of immunity; perhaps 50%.

Was supposed to get my first shot at the VA facility about 60 miles away this coming Saturday.  Got a text message reminding me and asking me to respond with a Yxx reply. Danged flip phone wouldn't allow it!  Called the regular local (main) VA facility to verify.  After stepping through all the menu stuff, got a nice (human) lady who asked if I'd like to come to the local facility today at 11:00 AM? (This was about 8:30.)  I said sure!  So I went there and got my shot of Phizer stuff!  Go back in 3 weeks for the second shot.  As far as reactions...so far so good...none!  Arm doesn't even hurt.  Hurt worse when I got the flu shot last October!  

Stay well and safe, Pards!

glad she is OK , im watchin with interest all of these super flue vaccine reactions , im hopeful this inoculation regime finally retires all this scare , if this seems to become the normal ill start saying the other things im thinking and hopeful about 

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Wife and I got the 1st Phizer shot this afternoon.

We did too, on Wednesday. Injection site ached for 12 hours, then nothing.  Second injection on February 17.  No big deal so far.  Grateful we could get it.

Got my first Moderna shot on the 13th. Injection site just a little sore if I touched it. Otherwise not.  Second is on Feb. 10.  The county health dept. was putting it on and there were lots of folks there.  I did'nt see anyone have an adverse reaction.

Horace

47 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Got my 1st Moderna shot on the 7th and scheduled to get my 2nd shot this coming Tuesday all at the University I work at. 

:)

I’m 62, so I have to wait.  My 67 yo brother and his wife (whose age shall not be revealed) received their shots.  They live in OK.  I live in Houston, and there is such a backlog on the waiting list, that no one is taking new appointments.

I got my 2nd Moderna vaccine on Tuesday (26th). No side effects . I was the only one in the department that didn't have side effects. Everyone else had side effects and took off a day (I'm a Respiratory Therapist). I wouldn't put it past some of them to fake it to get off a day. The yellow fever vaccine I got in boot camp was worse. 

On Friday the blood center was at the hospital for a blood drive. I donated. They check the blood to see if you have the antibodies. Can't wait to see the report.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

Was supposed to get my first shot at the VA facility about 60 miles away this coming Saturday.  Got a text message reminding me and asking me to respond with a Yxx reply. Danged flip phone wouldn't allow it!  Called the regular local (main) VA facility to verify.  After stepping through all the menu stuff, got a nice (human) lady who asked if I'd like to come to the local facility today at 11:00 AM? (This was about 8:30.)  I said sure!  So I went there and got my shot of Phizer stuff!  Go back in 3 weeks for the second shot.  As far as reactions...so far so good...none!  Arm doesn't even hurt.  Hurt worse when I got the flu shot last October!  

As a retired rocket engineer, my curiosity on things scientific is always going.  Normally, my temperature (oral mercury thermometer) is usually a degree or two LESS than 98.6 deg. F.  The next morning, after the shot, I took it, and it was an even 98.6.  From this, I believe it is an indication that my immune system is reacting to the vaccine.  Arm a little sore at the sight of the injection, but otherwise, no pain.  Get the second shot on 18 February.  My wife had hers a week before I got mine, at her doctor's hospital.  Her arm really bothered her for a day-and-a-half. Didn't check her temp.  Interesting.

Archived