SASS Wire Forum

2021 Western Frontiersman Territorial

Tully Mars

First ever of it's kind West of the Rockies! The Western Frontiersman Territorial! All Cap and Ball, All Black Powder!

Featuring the Modern Frontiersman, yes shoot your percussion pistol with two hands...or Frontiersman Gun Fighter! 

10 stage match with 2 longer stages requiring 4 pistols, shotgun, pistol caliber lever gun and Single Shot rifle in either pistol or rifle caliber! Side matches include axe throwing, speed pistol and our version of a Turkey shoot with the Single Shot rifle.

Limited to 40 experienced Cap and Ball shooters! Overall Lady and Man, buckles provided by SASS!

Where? Diamond Dick's Cowboy Town in the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center in Sloughhouse, Ca. on April 23-25, 2021.

Dry camping and water fill up is available. Stay and shoot Gunfight at Arroyo Cantua, April 29th- May 3rd, 2021 as well.

https://cagunslingers.com/AnnualMatches/2021WTFC.pdf

https://cagunslingers.com/AnnualMatches/2021GAF.pdf

Thanks,

Tully

Hey Tully:

I doubt that I'll be out west at that time, but if it looks like we're going in April, I'll send in an application.

Looks like a hoot!

--Dawg

45 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey Tully:

I doubt that I'll be out west at that time, but if it looks like we're going in April, I'll send in an application.

Looks like a hoot!

--Dawg

Dawg,

We would love to have you if you're around!

Tully

How come the grandest shoot of all has to fall in conflict with the Four Corners Regional Championships?????!!!

Tully, you're killing me with a drastic decision!

Oh, woe is me.....

Ol'  #4

1 hour ago, Ol Number4 said:

How come the grandest shoot of all has to fall in conflict with the Four Corners Regional Championships?????!!!

Oh, woe is me.....

Ol'  #4

Ol' #4,

Believe me, the timing sucks! I would love to shoot Wild Bunch at Four Corners! There's a ton of shoots in April, but it's when I could schedule it. 

I'll look for a time in the fall for the future. 

See you in April!

Tully 

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Move it out of CA... They're showing a 10 day quarantine to travel there for other than "essential" travel.  (https://www.aarp.org/travel/travel-tips/safety/info-2020/state-quarantine-guide.html)

Griff,

Many states are experiencing quarantine and travel restrictions. EOT is moving due to those restrictions. COVID isn't going away anytime soon, MD's will have to find ways to hold matches within the restrictions, shooters will have to find ways to live within the restrictions. 

The Western Frontiersman Territorial, will be held in California. 

Tully 

3 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

Griff,

Many Some states are experiencing quarantine and travel restrictions. EOT is moving due to those restrictions. COVID isn't going away anytime soon, MD's will have to find ways to hold matches within the restrictions, shooters will have to find ways to live within the restrictions. 

The Western Frontiersman Territorial, will be held in California. 

Tully 

I know, I drive a truck over the road for a living, currently in WA state, they closed all restaurants to indoor dining.  They must not realize that we don't have kitchens in our trucks.  I won't be back to WA, OR or CA, NV or any number of other such states.  Truck deliveries may be considered "essential", but if I have a choice between eating fast food or not going some place... not going WINS! Hope y'all don't run outta TP.  Stock up now.

5 hours ago, Griff said:

I know, I drive a truck over the road for a living, currently in WA state, they closed all restaurants to indoor dining.  They must not realize that we don't have kitchens in our trucks.  I won't be back to WA, OR or CA, NV or any number of other such states.  Truck deliveries may be considered "essential", but if I have a choice between eating fast food or not going some place... not going WINS! Hope y'all don't run outta TP.  Stock up now.

So Griff,

Do you shoot Frontiersman?

If this match was held elsewhere would you go? If so, set it up, make it happen.

If you're going to quote someone,  don't change their words. 

Tully 

I hope you hold this same format next year and I will try to be there. I have shot Frontiersman about twelve years now and would love to join you. I want to get the vaccine before traveling of of state. Thank you for holding a Frontiersman only shoot. DC

21 minutes ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

I hope you hold this same format next year and I will try to be there. I have shot Frontiersman about twelve years now and would love to join you. I want to get the vaccine before traveling of of state. Thank you for holding a Frontiersman only shoot. DC

DC,

We would love to have you!

Tully 

1 hour ago, Tully Mars said:

So Griff,

Do you shoot Frontiersman?

If this match was held elsewhere would you go? If so, set it up, make it happen.

If you're going to quote someone,  don't change their words. 

Tully 

Yes, since before it was called Frontiersman, (1987, when it was simply called "Black Powder").

If my creditors would forgive my debts, I would.

Depending on what source you use between 28-37 States don't have travel restrictions.    Given that, neither most nor some were accurate can we agree that a more accurate description would be that "between ¼ and almost ½ of the States" have some form of travel restriction?

Depending on what CA does about their restrictions & EOT plans, I might come anyway... you need a last place finisher, don't ya?

25 minutes ago, Griff said:

Depending on what CA does about their restrictions & EOT plans, I might come anyway... 

Griff, 

We would love to have you if you can make it.

Tully 

On 1/28/2021 at 5:34 PM, Ol Number4 said:

Oh, woe is me.....

Ol'  #4

Come on #4, I'll be heading down from Oregon. This shoot is right up your alley. PS I'll be in Phoenix March 10-20

On 1/29/2021 at 9:12 AM, Griff said:

Move it out of CA... They're showing a 10 day quarantine to travel there for other than "essential" travel.  (https://www.aarp.org/travel/travel-tips/safety/info-2020/state-quarantine-guide.html)

Im pretty sure a cap gun regional match qualifies as essential for travel! Wish I had the time and means to go to this match!

On 1/29/2021 at 6:12 AM, Griff said:

Move it out of CA... They're showing a 10 day quarantine to travel there for other than "essential" travel.

Someone needs to tell all the Californian's that are driving around Reno all the time. Or Nevadan's around Sacramento! And it's a recommendation. How could it possibly be enforced?

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Someone needs to tell all the Californian's that are driving around Reno all the time. Or Nevadan's around Sacramento! And it's a recommendation. How could it possibly be enforced?

Since there's no penalty, why bother to enforce it!  It's just something their politicians can point to and say, "see... we're doing something!"

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Since there's no penalty, why bother to enforce it!  It's just something their politicians can point to and say, "see... we're doing something!"

That's exactly what is happening Griff.  The curfew and lockdown were simply part of an overall smokescreen.  

Yes, the world is screwy right now, much of its political. 

However this post is about a shoot, a Frontiersman Territorial specifically. 

Please, let's stay on topic. 

Thank you, 

Tully 

On 1/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, Tully Mars said:

First ever of it's kind West of the Rockies! The Western Frontiersman Territorial! All Cap and Ball, All Black Powder!

Featuring the Modern Frontiersman, yes shoot your percussion pistol with two hands...or Frontiersman Gun Fighter! 

Limited to 40 experienced Cap and Ball shooters! 

How much experienced???? And how full are getting...

Texas Lizard

43 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

How much experienced???? And how full are getting...

Texas Lizard

Texas Lizard, 

Comfortable with cap and balls pistols, loading and shooting them, that's all I mean. 

I've received several applications, more are in the mail. At this moment I don't have a count for you. 

Lefty Eastman and Big Dave are coming.

Tully 

• 3 weeks later...

At this time we have 20 shooters signed up for the Western Frontiersman Territorial! Hopefully we can meet our goal of 40 total shooters for the match. We have shooters from Nevada, Colorado, Oregon and California signed up at this time. Come on out and join in the fun!

Tully

Archived