SASS Wire Forum

So who’s going to double mask?

I figure if two masks will bump it to 90% then three masks will bump it a little higher - I'm going to go with FOUR masks so that I will be mathematically immortal.

Maybe five to be sure, but six masks would just be silly.

image.png.fca1c207809e7f6af4f676954b4a134b.png

Maybe if my name is Amos and Mr Stillwell is about to ask me a question...

image.thumb.png.0a6177bed258720ebf4f2c21662b1f33.png

Was at a couple LGSs today (and something weighing 8.1 pounds came home with me :D).

Washed my hands at least 3 times, and sprayed them with alcohol at least twice between the two stores. Washed them again when I got home after placing the load where it can sit for a few days to get used to its new home (quarantine).

Fauci, Birx, CDC, WHO. practically everyone except certain Walmart shoppers agree washing hands is the most important control for diseases. It is number 1!

Number 2, don't touch yourself above your shoulders in public (and until you have washed your hands).

So double masks. What difference does that possibly make if the virus is smaller than any mask can filter? Well, the virus is mostly in snot droplets that a good mask can filter, and a bandanna or simple cloth mask does not filter as well. So two layers is better than one for virus-laden snot droplets.

Which leads to number 3, change your mask every two hours or if it gets damp from snot droplets. It is full of snot droplets after a couple hours. I know it. You know it. So change the mask often.

Does it really matter? I'm not sure... I'm an engineer and I see the vaccine reduces hospitalizations 95%... Not infections, just hospitalizations. I have not yet found a clear answer that will give guidance to the cancer patient or organ transplant survivors or others who have compromised immune systems or can not have the vaccine for other legitimate reasons. I'm not sure me or you or the rest of us getting the vaccine will do anything to protect them if it does not actually prevent infections, just our hospitalizations... And that leaves us with still needing to get to herd immunity.

That suggests we need to be vaccinated to protect against hospitalizations (not the disease, just hospitalization from the disease), then we still need to protect the vulnerable population from us while we take off our masks and burn this disease out since we are then not likely to need medical intervention? XXX? Since when have we ever thought getting a disease was better than not getting it? Well, there was Chicken Pox but then we figured out it came back as shingles. That's not good.

Anyway, I'm just typing while drinking; not sure what all I am sure of at the moment with CoViD. I'm certain two layers of fashionable cloth are not the equal of one good mask from the hardware store if I'm working with fiberglass insulation. I'm certain one layer of cloth is not as good as two (for fiberglass or snot droplets). I also recognize there are those who think Fauci's dad should have worn two condoms.

I think it comes down to risk factors. Some have very high risk factors, and need to take all reasonable precautions, and some don’t.

I’ll be glad when my parents, who are both in there late 70’s, but healthy, get their first dose of the vaccine. 

Having said that, I’m not really concerned about the risk for the younger members of the family.

At 73 and having CLL. (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) --in remission,thank you-- I need to protect myself so I do wear a mask.  Mainly to protect myself from the coughers and snot-blowers.

But frankly, whether I wear 1 mask or 2, it's about as succesful as using a chain link fence to keep out misquitos. 

Dr. O. R.

Faucci originally said mask don't work because they cause infections because your lungs can't expel germs that get stuck under the mask.  

A study was done and determined that over 84% of those who got the virus wore the mask.  

I was around two sick people without a mask who got it from each other while wearing a mask.  I was around them later after they took the mask off.  Even though I was around them without a mask I didn't get it.   

A buddy of mine wears a mask and gloves everywhere.   His wife rarely went anywhere and wore a mask and gloves.  She dies from the virus after getting her hair done after staying home a year.  He also got the virus.   Mask and gloves won't save you.   

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

Faucci originally said mask don't work because they cause infections because your lungs can't expel germs that get stuck under the mask.  

A study was done and determined that over 84% of those who got the virus wore the mask.  

I was around two sick people without a mask who got it from each other while wearing a mask.  I was around them later after they took the mask off.  Even though I was around them without a mask I didn't get it.   

A buddy of mine wears a mask and gloves everywhere.   His wife rarely went anywhere and wore a mask and gloves.  She dies from the virus after getting her hair done after staying home a year.  He also got the virus.   Mask and gloves won't save you.   

Faucci is really more of a politician than a Dr . When this all started I did some research on how he handled aids when that’s what was going to wipe out the human race . It wasn’t impressive, neither is this , when he tells you not to wear a mask , then wear one and now wear two his credibility kinda goes out the window. He’s a swamp dweller. 

I’ll jump through their stupid hoops so that I can dine at a restaurant and go grocery shopping.  They are counting on conservatives to buck their rules.

11 hours ago, Dr. O. R. Vet said:

At 73 and having CLL. (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) --in remission,thank you-- I need to protect myself so I do wear a mask.  Mainly to protect myself from the coughers and snot-blowers.

But frankly, whether I wear 1 mask or 2, it's about as succesful as using a chain link fence to keep out misquitos. 

Dr. O. R.

If it’s that ineffective in your opinion, why wear it at all?

Archived