SASS Wire Forum

So who’s going to double mask?

I’m fine wearing a mask or bandanna, but there’s a certain point where enough precautions are enough.

I’m waiting on stage 2 of my Moderna vaccine for work, and I’ll still wear a mask on the chance I could transmit.

No double-masking for me though. The goal was to delay the inevitable to keep hospital beds free, not make sure it’s never caught ever.

Hell no! It’s hard enough breathing through one mask. 

I guess the Communist Chinese Government hasn’t profited enough off of this virus so our idiots in power want to help them. I guess MAGA has become MCGA. 

No.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Hell no! It’s hard enough breathing through one mask. 

I guess the Communist Chinese Government hasn’t profited enough off of this virus so our idiots in power want to help them. I guess MAGA has become MCGA. 

This nails it, the windfall sales have begun to slump with vaccinations at over one million a day 

Anybody familiar with the sonar trunk on a guided missile destroyer?

Imagine a vertical ladder - four stories tall.

I've had to climb down, and then back up, for three days now wearing a N-95 respirator.

I consider myself to be in pretty good physical condition but I have to take a break each day after climbing back up.

NO!

I'll say no to double.  They have yet to state what the standard/specification is for any mask.  I still feel that the mask is more of a control item than a safety or health item.

Just my two cents, 

BS

41 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

Anybody familiar with the sonar trunk on a guided missile destroyer?

Imagine a vertical ladder - four stories tall.

I've had to climb down, and then back up, for three days now wearing a N-95 respirator.

I consider myself to be in pretty good physical condition but I have to take a break each day after climbing back up.

NO!

Yep and that climb is a bear doing it once without a mask. 

Anything short of an N95 is next to worthless to start with. Fauci had it right when all this started when he said about all they're good for is make people feel good. Two masks????????

cow pie.jpg

No doubt, those will be the same folks who use double condoms and wear a mask while driving solo in their vehicle.

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses.
Both tell me that proper hand washing is far more important than the mask, as most infection comes from hands to face.

The mask protects you (somewhat) from a snot-spewing sneezer, but not from the C19 bugs on your phone, door knobs or gas pumps.

A single cloth mask (IMHO) only value is phycological.  Double up or three or more if you want.  It amazes me how folks don't trust the yankee Federal government but will quote the government's "science" as fact.

I think a mask helps, but it's not a  positive barrier for the virus. I will wear a single "Surgical" mask. I refuse to wear N95 masks as they inhibit my breathing AND N95 means 95% protection.  The CoVid Virus is MUCH smaller than anything an N95 protects against.

An N95 has a HEPA filter which has a pore size (theoretically) than can even catch viruses. Of course that's assuming a 100% airtight fit. Same technology our IV hoods had in the hospitals. I can stand one for a few minutes when I give injections, but wore one to the supermarket once and had to go back to the truck for a surgical mast. I'm sure it was partially in my head, but felt like a fish out of water after a few minutes.

JHC

Duke U. School of medicine did an interesting study on masks. The conclusion was bandanas and gaiter masks actually make things worse as they emit more small particles (which travel farther) than the control with no mask at all.

JHC

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/36/eabd3083

I for sure wear a mask in Walmart.

40 minutes ago, Noz said:

I for sure wear a mask in Walmart.

Probably a good idea.....even without a pandemic.:lol:

I wear one of those blue masks when going into a store, which is rare these days or visiting inside. Not likely to wear two.

I’m looking at the pics in the Chronicle from the matches around the country. Very few masks. Makes me sad.

Generally wear those pleated masks (blue on one side, white on the side toward my face) plus a plastic helmet I used to use when machining.  Yesterday, went to VA center for my first shot, and wore an N95 with the pleated mask over it.  Will wear an N95 and maybe the second one when flying at the end of March on a necessary trip, AFTER getting the second shot on 18 February.  My wife will wear at least the N95.

To each his/her own.  Stay well and safe, Pards!

7 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Generally wear those pleated masks (blue on one side, white on the side toward my face) plus a plastic helmet I used to use when machining.  Yesterday, went to VA center for my first shot, and wore an N95 with the pleated mask over it.  Will wear an N95 and maybe the second one when flying at the end of March on a necessary trip, AFTER getting the second shot on 18 February.  My wife will wear at least the N95.

To each his/her own.  Stay well and safe, Pards!

The double mask recommendation is for fabric and paper masks as I understand it. Not the N95. My wife has to get CT scans on Monday she’ll wear an N95.

Archived