SASS Wire Forum

Looking to buy a non-CAS rifle.

I want a Remington Model 7MS in .35 Remington caliber.  Must be mechanically sound with decent metal and wood.... no plastic stocks are acceptable.  I'm not interested in scopes or mounts, but if they don't add to the cost I'll take them.  

I have an FFL dealer here to receive it, but if you're an Arizona resident I'll arrange to get it from you.

This is the core of a project carbine I am going to have made.  I don't hunt any more, .35 isn't a decent target caliber unless I'm willing to fiddle around and load a workable round, and I don't load.  Shooting has been pretty much shut down here for about a year now.  My only excuse for having it made is because I want it.

Let me know if you have something for me.

Thanks.

BTW, I will also consider a .257 Roberts instead of the .35.

Those are pretty rifles, if you can't find what you want, I can get you a decent deal on a 35 Cal Bolt gun, Ruger 77/357.  You'll have to get with Boyds to get wood furniture for it, comes with Ruger scope rings, Burris Ruger to Weaver adapter, bipod mount.  Willing to trade for a starter CAS gun in .357 Magnum.

20 minutes ago, El CupAJoe said:

Those are pretty rifles, if you can't find what you want, I can get you a decent deal on a 35 Cal Bolt gun, Ruger 77/357.  You'll have to get with Boyds to get wood furniture for it, comes with Ruger scope rings, Burris Ruger to Weaver adapter, bipod mount.  Willing to trade for a starter CAS gun in .357 Magnum.

I like the Rugers, but not for this gun.  I want a blind magazine and compound set triggers, and the Ruger safety doesn't do it for me.

I looked at Winchesters and a few others, but for this project the Remington model 7 just looks and feels better.  It will be the perfect "donor" gun for my custom carbine.

The basic action on the 600 will be similar to the model 7 , and the 700. The 600 has a dog-leg kinda bolt handle , different sights. The stock is a bit different also. Check out some pictures on Gunbroker or whatever web-site that has some Remington pictures to really see the diferences.

As an aside , one of my brothers has a model 600 in 6mm Rem. , it is his favorite deer rifle.

This project has taken a life of it's own now , hasn't it , 40R.

Good luck , Rex :D

59 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

The basic action on the 600 will be similar to the model 7 , and the 700. The 600 has a dog-leg kinda bolt handle , different sights. The stock is a bit different also. Check out some pictures on Gunbroker or whatever web-site that has some Remington pictures to really see the diferences.

As an aside , one of my brothers has a model 600 in 6mm Rem. , it is his favorite deer rifle.

This project has taken a life of it's own now , hasn't it , 40R.

Good luck , Rex :D

A life of its own!  Most of my projects go through a few dozen iterations before they are finished.  The "life of their own" often becomes a huge part of my life.....and tends to suck in a lot of my friends, too.

Archived