SASS Wire Forum

Apologies

Subdeacon Joe

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That guy comes across about as believable as people who have seen UFOs....and ridden on them.  Not at all sincere.

In other words,  a typical forced apology for political reasons. 

What was the first one he was apologizing for? To the Chinese? I did not understand the term. I played the video three or four times and I still did not understand what he said.

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What was the first one he was apologizing for? To the Chinese? I did not understand the term. I played the video three or four times and I still did not understand what he said.

Chinese whispers or telephone is an internationally popular children's game. Players form a line or circle, and the first player comes up with a message and whispers it to the ear of the second person in the line. The second player repeats the message to the third player, and so on. Wikipedia

Thank you Joe. It did sound like he was saying whispers, but "Chinese whispers" made no sense to me. I recall playing the game, in elementary school. Don't remember it ever having a name.

same way that telephone game became the rummer game in the assembly department - they started a whisper of a more serious nature and waited to see how much more serious it got when it came back around to them , 

Archived