SASS Wire Forum

Well I guess you can be arrested for satire and trolling now - the babylon bee and the onion are sunk.

Raylan

"Mackey, a 31-year-old from Vermont, was arrested in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Wednesday. Federal prosecutors allege he conspired with others to use memes and social media platforms to spread misinformation aimed at depriving people of their right to vote during the 2016 presidential election."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/ricky-vaughn-twitter-troll-arrested-election-interference

I hope I don’t get arrested for all those times I jokingly told liberal co-workers that Election Day for democrats was on the Wednesday after the actual election day.

2 hours ago, Raylan said:

I hope I don’t get arrested for all those times I jokingly told liberal co-workers that Election Day for democrats was on the Wednesday after the actual election day.

That's pretty close to what he did.  He posted memes saying you could vote by text. 

If he'd done it to conservatives, Republicans or Trump supporters, then he'd be getting a Federal grant and tax-free status.  Oh, and an award of some sort even if Bezos, Zuckerberg or the tool that owns Twitter has to endow a new one.

On the other hand,....

Since he was targeting the low information windowlickers that support the Leftists, it's hate speech, election interference and part of the vast right wing conspiracy to set up Trump as a dictator.

10 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

That's pretty close to what he did.  He posted memes saying you could vote by text. 

Personally, I think that if you are stupid enough to believe you can vote by text, then your vote should not count.  

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

If he'd done it to conservatives, Republicans or Trump supporters, then he'd be getting a Federal grant and tax-free status.  Oh, and an award of some sort even if Bezos, Zuckerberg or the tool that owns Twitter has to endow a new one.

On the other hand,....

Since he was targeting the low information windowlickers that support the Leftists, it's hate speech, election interference and part of the vast right wing conspiracy to set up Trump as a dictator.

I don't know any of the details but what I read said you were to text the name of the candidate of your choice and supposedly he was a Trump supporter so you gotta imagine Trump supporters also saw it.  I'm not sure how you could distribute something like that online and target a specific group.  It's not like he printed flyers and hand delivered them to democrat houses. 

Communism has come to America.
Newspeak, the rewrite of history, the removal of monuments and Thought Crimes are now here.
Orwell had it right.. just 40 years early.

7 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Now that the Democrats won the election they're out for revenge. The Great Purge has begun.

as bgavin said - communism , right here in river city , will we allow it ? 

Archived