SASS Wire Forum

COVID vaccine

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

I see a lot of people griping about how long it is taking and questioning the reasons, even going so far as to claiming a "conspiracy".

One year ago almost no one had heard of the virus.  In that time we developed a vaccine for it, but it takes time to produce the amount needed to inoculate everyone.  The manufacturers, had to get equipment built to manufacture that much serum, get people trained to operate that much equipment, get syringes made and packaged and filled, and then get it transported securely to the nation.  This was, and still is, a massive undertaking and it takes time and people and equipment, and I'm really sick and tired of everyone thinking they are being shorted and should be moved to the front of the line for whatever reason.

Come on folks.  It's time to look at reality and grow up.  Face the fact that you are NOT the most worthy individual on the planet and accept the wait like big boys and girls.

There is no plot against anyone, no "big pharma" holding back or gouging, no government interference in the production, no hoarding, no excuse for you to act this way.

It makes me ashamed of much of my country's population.

I'm 79 years old, a disabled vet with a handful of physical problems, and I am in the high risk group.  I'll wait my turn and be grateful when the time comes.

i cannot argue with anything you said - thank goodness its on its way , 

now , as to the reason we both are feeling -  "...It makes me ashamed of much of my country's population...."  

i think the media has whipped the frenzy every opportunity they have gotten , its not the informative coverage - its the offensive panic emoting crap that promotes the public [those willing to accept it] into a total fear mode , one day someone needs to remind them that freedom of the press was intended to inform without suppression not incite riots and selfishness , 

those in fear - move to your bunkers and batten down the hatch till you get the word your dose is available , the rest of us will praise the progress and applaud the dispensing order to those on the front line , those most susceptible , then those that follow , if you budge to the front of the line you get sent to the back , be civil , be human , be safe 

Had the worlds best response but would have been offensive to way to many, so deleted it.

Best I can do now is say ......

Well said 4T.

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Be thankful you don't have our incompetent leadership.

Our Prime Ministers delays and romance with the Chinese Government's vaccine maker has left us almost high and dry.

No vaccines delivered for a week or two and even then, only in drips and draps.

"But He Has Such Nice Hair!"

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Be thankful you don't have our incompetent leadership.

Our Prime Ministers delays and romance with the Chinese Government's vaccine maker has left us almost high and dry.

No vaccines delivered for a week or two and even then, only in drips and draps.

"But He Has Such Nice Hair!"

Hold on there, Pard. Our ( new) leaders are just as incompetent as yours.

This reaction to a crisis, any type of crisis, has been prevalent for many years.  I get disgusted when people get angry because they weren't helped first, or didn't get more help than they did. There is no actual thinking in their thought processes. Like you stated Forty, they don't consider the scope of the issue, they don't consider what is involved in getting aid distributed.  Do these folks need/deserve aid? Of course they do. But when they start biting the hands that are trying to help, my sympathy and desire to go above and beyond evaporates pretty damn quickly.

Over here the radio keeps saying that Pfizer never tested to see if it protects others from you .  They are saying that if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask to protect others incase you are still a carrier.  

They are also saying that Hank Aaron died after getting the vaccine.   

The country as a whole has become more inpatient and more selfish each year and the MSM, social media and politicians aren't doing anything to prevent it.

People don't seem to consider the logistics of two sources trying to supply THE WHOLE NATION ASAP. And probably the whole world. That's a lotta shots! We have trouble enough just getting ordinary prescription drugs.

JHC

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

The country as a whole has become more inpatient and more selfish each year and the MSM, social media and politicians are doing all they can to encourage it

Fixed it for you

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Over here the radio keeps saying that Pfizer never tested to see if it protects others from you .  They are saying that if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask to protect others incase you are still a carrier.  

They are also saying that Hank Aaron died after getting the vaccine.   

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-hank-aaron-didnt-die-from-the-covid-19-vaccine-213700349.html

I did some research and the fastest a "new" vaccine was developed, tested , and approved for use was 2 years. So now what we're saying is we did it in 5 months and oh by the way we produced 200 million does right after. I call BS.

Do some head scratching.   

20 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I did some research and the fastest a "new" vaccine was developed, tested , and approved for use was 2 years. So now what we're saying is we did it in 5 months and oh by the way we produced 200 million does right after. I call BS.

Do some head scratching.   

This is all a non-sequitur. One, it took longer than 5 months. Two, more national and international resources, by far, were marshalled to the task than in any former case. Three, they didn't produce 'right after'. They were ramping up production as soon as the results looked good.

Of course, it could all be a vast international mind-control conspiracy! Come to think of it-- I got the first shot, and now I'm writing this.....

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

This is all a non-sequitur. One, it took longer than 5 months. Two, more national and international resources, by far, were marshalled to the task than in any former case. Three, they didn't produce 'right after'. They were ramping up production as soon as the results looked good.

Clinical trials take longer than 5 months. You have to have had people who got the vaccine and the control group that didn't. You have to document outcomes, side effects and recommendations. The FDA has to review and approve. They could have put 10,000 people on it but you can't shorten clinical trials.

Well said Forty. I’m waiting my turn. In the meantime I’ll stay home and fix things here

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

So did Abe Lincoln, P. T. Barnum, and Adolph Hitler....if you believe some people.  I just save a lot of time and effort and assume that if it's in the paper or electronic media it's suspect and likely false.

My dad was born in Missouri and I got a lot of his habits, including "Show me."

To Forty’s original point....I am quick to point out to my kids that should something like walking dead/virus/etc on a severe large scale actually happen, it’s probably more likely the harm will come from other people.  I truly believe that, so yes, it is sad.  I also truly believe if our country was attacked today by China that half of the country wouldn’t even care, fight back, and would say that we deserved it for our privilege.

Last, they put a large effort into development and testing...but still no way possible to test side effect past the 2-4 months they most likely had after the first years.  Even if they had a vaccine developed on Feb 1st of 2020....that means the longest it could have been evaluated is 1 year.  There is no way around that.  For some in high risk, it’s probably a chance worth taking.  For the vast majority of the country, probably better to leave the doses for those in high risk.

Archived