SASS Wire Forum

Stage writing software...

vidette

...Does it exist?  Something that will generate a basic target layout and shot sequence for each stage, according to some settings like sweep patterns and number of targets, and allow the author to rearrange and tweak.

For those that write stages, would it help?

MS Word is what I use too. It's not that difficult to add targets and etc., then once you have a target array laid out you can use it for follow-up docs just by rearranging stuff.

I started using MS Word, and it worked "just ok."

The I started using MS PowerPoint.  Much easier than using word.

You can use the basic shapes that are in the program (squares, circles, triangles, etc) or cut & paste images from the internet.

I absolutely agree with the suggestions provided by Chief Rick.  You should consider MS PowerPoint.  Not to confuse the issue but Publisher is very similar.  Once you set up your initial Stages the format/layout remains the same.  Just copy and paste the stages and edit your targets and stage directions for each subsequent set of stages.  You can customize your stages with an endless availability of items from the internet which can be copied and pasted via PowerPoint.  Eventually you will acquire your own library of diagrams of targets, figures, etc.  My library includes plate racks, Texas star, swingers, tombstone rack and other items.  If interested check out some of our stages on our club website, www.sassrenegades.com.  Stages for monthly matches are under "Cowboy Action Shooting".  These are six stages using three bays.  Our "Geezer" section is a once a month weekday match with six stages on one bay.  The number of stages on the website are somewhat limited due to Covid, but you  will be able to see what one can do using PowerPoint.  Once the stages are configured it is easy to convert to a pdf file.  Good Luck.

http://www.sassrenegades.com

Archived