SASS Wire Forum

Practical jokes

I used to work with a bunch of pranksters.  It started off with lotion.  We'd put it in places people touched.  Everyone got so hyper aware that they'd come back to their office and sniff for lotion and if they smelled it, just grab a paper towel and start wiping everything.  So I put the lotion inside the paper towel tube.  The best lotion prank was when we put it on a guy's phone then called him pretending to be a vendor.  The reason it was so funny was because he didn't notice, so the guy making the call had to ad lib this hilarious boisterous persona.  The target of the prank never noticed and walked around the office for a while with lotion dripping off his ear.  One of the girls in accounting finally told him about it. 

We wrapped one guy's office in aluminum foil while he was on vacation.  He was the main prank instigator so it was like a bunch of us getting him back at once.  One time a guy took my phone and took a picture of his 'undercarriage' (not talking about his vehicle here) and set it as my background.  I deleted it immediately, but everyone in the office came to me in the next few days wanting to see it.  So I decided to get him back by faking an email that looked like it had been sent to everyone in the office.  Had one of the ladies send the email with the fake headers back to him and he spent a whole day deciphering the headers and came to the conclusion that everyone had seen it.  Later that week the guy's girlfriend calls me wanting to see the picture too. 

These guys started messing with people's trucks and that was where I drew the line.  I let them know it was going to get ugly and not in a practical joke kinda way if they messed with my baby and they never did.  Most of the truck jokes were taping messages on the vehicle and that was what finally ended the practical joking.  Someone taped a not nice message onto a company truck and our boss got a call from an angry mom who was next to him in traffic and had to explain a new word to her child.   I always thought the worst one was loading up the AC vent with baby powder and turning the fan on high.  The target thought it was funny but he did admit that his mouth was open and he nearly choked when he turned on the truck.  A year later he still got little clouds of baby powder when he hit a bump. 

One of my co-workers was Armenian with a beard and was pretty bald. Another, who was his mentor, was older and English. They had been co-workers for at least five years at the time.

One day, the Armenian came to work with a cheap Halloween hairpiece and his beard shaved off. We introduced him to the English employee as an employee from another country who could understand some English but didn't speak it. (We said this because he had a heavy accent and would be recognized if he spoke.)

Well, the English employee carried on a conversation with him for at least five minutes while the Armenian employee made gestures in acknowledgement. We were all struggling to hold in the laughter.

Finally, the English employee recognized who he was talking to and started laughing himself.:)

10 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

These guys started messing with people's trucks and that was where I drew the line. 

Fooling with people's vehicles should be taboo.

BUT, I have two that were done to me that I  have to say were funny....later on...

Once I was headed out from work to go on a hunting vacation. Someone wrapped my drive shaft with 3 big zip ties with the tails hanging out. Those things make one helluva noise when backing out of a parking spot. Scared the heck out of me. I thought my tranny went out. :lol:

When I bought my new Chevy S10 ZR2 back in '03 the guys at work put a  gay pride rainbow decal across  the rear axle /  differential on my truck. All of a sudden I had lots of attention from other guys with rainbow decals on their cars. The conversation always started with "Hey, nice truck...." I started thinking ZR2's were like a gay symbol or something. Then one day I stopped  at 7/11 for coffee and a clerk that knew me  said "Tom, I  didn't realize that you are Gay." The look I gave him must have shown my surprise and confusion. He pointed at the back of my truck and said "You have that sticker.." I Iooked and very prominently across the rear axel was the long multi-color decal often seen across the trunks of cars. Man, I was pizzed, but  at the same y=time  I was  laughing hysterically. The guys at work really got me  with this one.  I couldn't get that sticker  off fast enough. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

BUT, I have two that were done to me that I  have to say were funny....later on...

Once I was headed out from work to go on a hunting vacation. Someone wrapped my drive shaft with 3 big zip ties with the tails hanging out. Those things make one helluva noise when backing out of a parking spot. Scared the heck out of me. I thought my tranny went out. :lol:

When I bought my new Chevy S10 ZR2 back in '03 the guys at work put a  gay pride rainbow decal across  the rear axle /  differential on my truck. All of a sudden I had lots of attention from other guys with rainbow decals on their cars. The conversation always started with "Hey, nice truck...." I started thinking ZR2's were like a gay symbol or something. Then one day I stopped  at 7/11 for coffee and a clerk that knew me  said "Tom, I  didn't realize that you are Gay." The look I gave him must have shown my surprise and confusion. He pointed at the back of my truck and said "You have that sticker.." I Iooked and very prominently across the rear axel was the long multi-color decal often seen across the trunks of cars. Man, I was pizzed, but  at the same y=time  I was  laughing hysterically. The guys at work really got me  with this one.  I couldn't get that sticker  off fast enough. :lol:

That's all very similar to the stuff they were putting on people's trucks where I worked.  One guy had it on his shock absorbers and didn't see it till he pulled up to his kids day care and saw it in the reflection of the window.  The reason I drew a line at my truck was the chance for permanent damage because I knew things would be escalating. 

I've heard that tie wrap prank a few times.  I heard they did it to a guy at my current workplace and rather than getting out and looking, he just pulled right into a shyster mechanic shop who charged him for a new tranny. 

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I've heard that tie wrap prank a few times.  I heard they did it to a guy at my current workplace and rather than getting out and looking, he just pulled right into a shyster mechanic shop who charged him for a new tranny. 

:blink: That's one good reason not to fool with people's vehicles.

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This is not for the squeamish!

When I was young (a long, long time ago), some high school kids put a dead possum under the seat of the school principals early 50's Chevy pickup truck. It was in the summertime and the principal rarely drove this old clunker so he did not "experience" the prank for a couple of weeks!

Anyway, I worked at the local garage (the only garage in town, owned by my dad and uncle) at the time and I was tasked with removing what was left of the possum! 

By this time, the possum was basically the consistency of jello so I found an old pair of gloves and scooped the possum out in handfuls!

Not one of my best childhood memories!:unsure:

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

This is not for the squeamish!

When I was young (a long, long time ago), some high school kids put a dead possum under the seat of the school principals early 50's Chevy pickup truck. It was in the summertime and the principal rarely drove this old clunker so he did not "experience" the prank for a couple of weeks!

Anyway, I worked at the local garage (the only garage in town, owned by my dad and uncle) at the time and I was tasked with removing what was left of the possum! 

By this time, the possum was basically the consistency of jello so I found an old pair of gloves and scooped the possum out in handfuls!

Not one of my best childhood memories!:unsure:

Yuck!

I did slip a partially open can of sardines under the seat of a buddy’s car after he left me hanging one too many times. He was going on a big date that Friday. His date was short. She wouldn’t ride in his “smelly car”. I snuck over Saturday morning and retrieved the sardines and disposed of them. Whoo-boy was that a bad smell. 

I eventually told him what I did. He was not amused. ;)

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pat,

I would have started giving out THEIR phone numbers to those fellers complementing you on your 'nice truck',  inviting

them to 'call sometime'.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Pat,

I would have started giving out THEIR phone numbers to those fellers complementing you on your 'nice truck',  inviting

them to 'call sometime'.

..........Widder

Hahahaha...I never thought of that! Hilarious! :lol:

Now that my memory has been jogged, there was another "prank" (really vandalism) that I was "volunteered" to rectify when I worked for my dad and uncle back in the 60's.

In our town park in Indiana, some kids(?) rolled a work trailer from the park into the lake in late November! It ended up about 15 feet underwater. Did I mention it was in late November!

Again, I had to go into the near freezing water, dive down to the trailer, and attach a cable so my dad could pull it out.

Damn, I had a screwed up childhood!:huh:

Not a practical joke but Injun Ryder reminded me of one time.

We had a ski tow boat that we used on weekends. We were at a camp ground where we were not able to berth it at a dock, so I pulled it out of the lake every Sunday afternoon. One weekend as we were headed to the ramp my wife volunteered to go to our camp site and get the trailer down to the ramp area as I brought the boat in. She did a great job and actually had the trailer backed down the ramp ready to load the boat. I ran the boat up on the end of the trailer, got out and hooked the cable on, winched the boat up on the trailer. As I walked to the truck to get in and move it so that the next guy could use the ramp, I noticed the trailer hitch was clamped onto the top of the ball, not securely around the ball. My wife had driven about a mile to get there and maneuvered the trailer onto the ramp without it popping off the ball, so I figured I should be able to move it 10 feet straight ahead to a level place where I could open the hitch jaws and push the hitch down on the ball properly. As soon as I stepped into the truck the hitch popped off the ball. The trailer took off for the water, the safety chain snapped, the electric light wire snapped and the trailer ended up about 15 feet into the lake in 6 feet of water. Fortunately I had not strapped the aft end of the boat down, so it floated with the nose down almost to the waterline. Once I got the boat unhooked I ran a rope to the nose of the trailer from the ball hitch. Standing in the water over my head I lifted the trailer nose off the bottom and my wife drove the truck to haul the trailer out.

As they say all’s well that ends well. No major damage and it got a good laugh from all the others at the ramp. At least the truck didn’t end up in the drink too.

CJ

Archived