SASS Wire Forum

WHAT DAY IS IT?????????

Chili Ron

Yep.  There is a national day for everything  Yesterday my daughter told me that one of the teachers at the school she works at was going to bake five Bund chocolate cakes all with different frostings for today.  Just for the school staff.

I'm waiting for National Pistachio Ice Cream Day, and will not share with no one!

13 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Yep.  There is a national day for everything  Yesterday my daughter told me that one of the teachers at the school she works at was going to bake five Bund chocolate cakes all with different frostings for today.  Just for the school staff.

I'm waiting for National Pistachio Ice Cream Day, and will not share with no one!

This will have to do, I guess:

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-pistachio-day-february-26/

:D

45 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You guys all started doing that "choklit cake" thing...what...20 years ago???  Has it been that long?  I still don't know what started it all.

I remember thinking that it was a good thing I was not a moderator, when that was going on, because if I had been there would have been a whole lot of people been kicked off the wire.

And on the subject of good reasons for me not being moderator - Big Ed Douglas.

Somebody would post, "I just got my new rig from San Pedro, and boy it is good".

Someone else would jump in. "Big Ed makes great leather."

And then the pile on would start, with more and more people saying what wonderful leather Big Ed made. And then long about post 20 Ed would step in and say, "Ah, thank you pards".

A day or so later somebody else would start a thread about their new San Pedro leather, and the whole thing would happen again.

Leather makers that were buying advertising in the chronicle were a little annoyed about all this free advertising that Ed was getting, and they complained. Black Harris asked people to stop. They didn't. He asked them again. They still continued with the "Big Ed is just the most bestest leather carver in the world" threads.

So BH sent down a message from on high. There would be no more "Big Ed" threads. And Ed, himself, was getting a time out. He would not be allowed on the wire for a while.

So there were no more threads about Big Ed leather. People started talking about the beautiful leather that Large Edward had made for them.

And if I had been moderator, everyone that said Large Edward would have been gone.

4 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Yum! Baskin Robbin's Pistachio Almond Fudge.

4 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You guys all started doing that "choklit cake" thing...what...20 years ago???  Has it been that long?  I still don't know what started it all.

Who: Shoshone Slim.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you!  I will then endeavor to search and maybe find pistachio ice cream that day and go hide in a closet to eat it and not share!:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Yep, my pard, Shoshone Slim.  He couldn't talk about politics, so he'd talk about "Choklit Cake".

Angus

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 9:25 AM, Alpo said:

I remember thinking that it was a good thing I was not a moderator, when that was going on, because if I had been there would have been a whole lot of people been kicked off the wire.

And on the subject of good reasons for me not being moderator - Big Ed Douglas.

Somebody would post, "I just got my new rig from San Pedro, and boy it is good".

Someone else would jump in. "Big Ed makes great leather."

And then the pile on would start, with more and more people saying what wonderful leather Big Ed made. And then long about post 20 Ed would step in and say, "Ah, thank you pards".

A day or so later somebody else would start a thread about their new San Pedro leather, and the whole thing would happen again.

Leather makers that were buying advertising in the chronicle were a little annoyed about all this free advertising that Ed was getting, and they complained. Black Harris asked people to stop. They didn't. He asked them again. They still continued with the "Big Ed is just the most bestest leather carver in the world" threads.

So BH sent down a message from on high. There would be no more "Big Ed" threads. And Ed, himself, was getting a time out. He would not be allowed on the wire for a while.

So there were no more threads about Big Ed leather. People started talking about the beautiful leather that Large Edward had made for them.

And if I had been moderator, everyone that said Large Edward would have been gone.

I was lucky dealing with Big Ed.. I got a lot of custom leather from him, always got what I ordered and in good time. 

After a while, it became clear that the fella couldn't keep up and would never catch up again, so I quit ordering from him... I did send him a little thank you money cause I think/thought he was a good guy, just not a very good business man. 
I did sell one rig I regret when I needed the money.. may have to see if it exists out there in CAS land.. it was one of a kind. 

Moderating the old SASS Wire was not for the faint at heart. 

Someone had to say National Chocolate cake day ! That's it I can't get it out of my mind, on the way to run a few errands and Chocolate cake is now on my list!

Much obliged!:D

Archived