SASS Wire Forum

Just Hello!

Bisley Joe

Just want to say "HELLO" to everyone in these insane times. Been wanting to get back into CAS and life keeps getting in the way. But, as long as y'all are still shooting, I still have hope!

Still dreaming of getting my 1851 Navies to spit some smoke, fire, and lead!!!

Soon!

Soon!

DocWink.gif

Just remembering the dust-ups of the past<_<.

And how some folks liked to take umbrage at Ole Joe's view points.  Though I often thought he had a good idea or two ..

Jabez Cowboy

"Hey Joe". I believe there is an old song in there!:D   Welcome back, although I have no clue who you are!:P

Bisley Joe,

Although we've never crossed paths, I have heard of you.

Dust it up all you want.    The rest of us just need to remember that it takes 2 to tango.

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Don't do it!  Being have is not all it's cracked up to be.  Not much fun at all.

I tried  to be "have" once but couldn't  figure out how to be "have". I am more of a "have-not" but I think that's  not quite the same as being "have". ;)

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Don't do it!  Being have is not all it's cracked up to be.  Not much fun at all.

37 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I tried  to be "have" once but couldn't  figure out how to be "have". I am more of a "have-not" but I think that's  not quite the same as being "have". ;)

I think Forty has been the victim of otto.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:44 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

YA going ta start another Fight ???

Or Behave?

Jabez Cowboy

Didn't start a fight before; just stood up to some keyboard commandos and flamers (veritable Johnny Tylers) who got their panties in a bind when they couldn't intimidate me into shutting up. I never went on anyone's thread to flame them or tell them to shut up... just started my threads with an opinion (twice published in The Chronicle). 

(I always thought a thread was like a camp fire: the person who starts it can talk about whatever they like, and its up to individuals to come by and agree or disagree until the sun comes up (multiple times even), or leave if the conversation is against their enjoyment, or mental capacity. But some folks can't handle an opinion they can't change or a person they can't shut up-always from the safety of a keyboard though.)

So... I started this thread to say hello and express that I miss SASS, since life keeps getting in the way. So, no. I'm not here to start any fights. Are you? Or are you just playing Schoolmarm?

On 1/27/2021 at 2:49 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

^^^^^^^^^

923273E4-B49A-427B-9EE9-433DB88A6F4D.thumb.jpeg.3c0c43b95288d678d9f9494f77bde060.jpeg

So I guess now you can read what I said.. ;)

On 1/27/2021 at 12:25 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Bisley Joe,

Although we've never crossed paths, I have heard of you.

Dust it up all you want.    The rest of us just need to remember that it takes 2 to tango.

..........Widder

Indeed!

Hello Joe. Guess I am stumbling in the dark here, 'cause I have no idea who you are,

bur if you are cowboy, I 'spect that is close enough for me.

Just to share a word with you, that black stuff is the devil's own breath, and makes you smell funny if you shoot it. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, Major Crimes said:

I to enjoy the occasional smoke session. 

I love my ,36 Navies, one 51 and one 61.

3.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!

On 3/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Hello Joe. Guess I am stumbling in the dark here, 'cause I have no idea who you are,

bur if you are cowboy, I 'spect that is close enough for me.

Just to share a word with you, that black stuff is the devil's own breath, and makes you smell funny if you shoot it. 

Howdy!

Could be!

But once I tried black powder (an old timer let me shoot it out of his side by side 12 gauge) I was hooked!

I fend it far less punishing on the ears though!

On 3/19/2021 at 11:54 PM, Bisley Joe said:

Didn't start a fight before; just stood up to some keyboard commandos and flamers (veritable Johnny Tylers) who got their panties in a bind when they couldn't intimidate me into shutting up. I never went on anyone's thread to flame them or tell them to shut up... just started my threads with an opinion (twice published in The Chronicle). 

(I always thought a thread was like a camp fire: the person who starts it can talk about whatever they like, and its up to individuals to come by and agree or disagree until the sun comes up (multiple times even), or leave if the conversation is against their enjoyment, or mental capacity. But some folks can't handle an opinion they can't change or a person they can't shut up-always from the safety of a keyboard though.)

So... I started this thread to say hello and express that I miss SASS, since life keeps getting in the way. So, no. I'm not here to start any fights. Are you? Or are you just playing Schoolmarm?

hello , somethin tells me you would be welcome at our campfire most anytime you felt the inclination to stop by , we have opinions but accept others havin their own - no matter how wrong thinkin they might be [FWIW i know nothing of past disagreements so that was not criticism in any way] sometimes its kinda fun to hear another side of things , but then agreeable minds are never a bad thing either , 

1 minute ago, watab kid said:

hello , somethin tells me you would be welcome at our campfire most anytime you felt the inclination to stop by , we have opinions but accept others havin their own - no matter how wrong thinkin they might be [FWIW i know nothing of past disagreements so that was not criticism in any way] sometimes its kinda fun to hear another side of things , but then agreeable minds are never a bad thing either , 

Thanks good sir!

your quite welcome and if you see me at a shoot point out i made that invitation and we can compare opinions a bit , im always open to a good conversation , youall will know us by the smiles , beer cans , and ceegars - but no one is required to join in any of that if they prefer not to , 

3 minutes ago, watab kid said:

your quite welcome and if you see me at a shoot point out i made that invitation and we can compare opinions a bit , im always open to a good conversation , youall will know us by the smiles , beer cans , and ceegars - but no one is required to join in any of that if they prefer not to , 

Sounds great! I am in Arizona. Sadly all this leftist madness has really messed up the ability to reload/get ammo.

But I hope to meet you someday, and share a beer and a cigar!

sounds good - ive been thinking of shooting farther south one day but for now keep north/south dakota-minnesota-wisconsin in mind , im looking to get to iowa this year too , maybe missouri and even arkansas [to get back to my roots]

i do have rellies in the AZ that i need to visit one day so ill keep you in mind 

@Bisley Joe I will be glad to sit on the truck's tailgate with you and chat anytime as well.

13 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

Howdy!

Could be!

But once I tried black powder (an old timer let me shoot it out of his side by side 12 gauge) I was hooked!

I fend it far less punishing on the ears though!

Richt you are about that. Maybe that is why I am as deaf as a post. 

Archived