SASS Wire Forum

Important Announcement about EOT 2021

Misty Moonshine

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hats off to the team at Paradise Pass!   Been to many ranges in the U.S. and this is one of the best.  Team there really cares about the shooters and putting on a quality match and have improved this place every year over the past decade and a half.   (Plus it's about two hours door to door!!)

Haven't missed an Indiana state shoot there, Including a few Indiana/Illinois state shoots!   Have my hotel already booked and will definitely be attending!.

11 hours ago, Judge Gardner said:

Nice to see EOT is going to in a place that is green and not brown dust.

Not to mention, 5,900 feet lower in altitude.  The oxygen content alone will speed me up!  :P

CONGRATS to Paradise Pass!!

I hope to make it - would be my first EOT! I did get to watch the '96 and '97 ones back in California - always dreamed to be able to participate.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

37 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Assuming we're able to get registered before the match fills up the Iron Cowboy and Kid Flash will be coming out of 'retirement' to join the fun.  Lethal Lizzie may compete too.  I guess I need to set aside about a case of shotgun ammo and 1,200 rounds of 38 and 22.

Don't forget the cry'n towel :lol:

OLG 

Have tried the registration on the SASS web site. Keep getting a not found message. Has anyone had any luck or is it my computer.

I am sure the office is in a scramble to make the switch over and of course that is the occasion that the computer bugs always tend to happen. 

When I clicked on Register Online, I get:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

I'm feeling a little... not wanted!

42 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

My only concern is shotgun ammo.  It's pretty hard to find.

That's the blessing of shooting BP, you almost HAVE to make your own! :P

13 minutes ago, Marshal Fire, SASS 10064 said:

Have tried the registration on the SASS web site. Keep getting a not found message. Has anyone had any luck or is it my computer.

I am sure the office is in a scramble to make the switch over and of course that is the occasion that the computer bugs always tend to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Griff said:

When I clicked on Register Online, I get:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

I'm feeling a little... not wanted!

The registration period does not open until next Monday.  

1 minute ago, Black Hills Barb said:

The registration period does not open until next Monday.  

OH... :o  How did that escape notice?  Musta been in the video that was unintelligible on my laptop.  Background noise being what it is at 70mph!

54 minutes ago, Griff said:

OH... :o  How did that escape notice?  Musta been in the video that was unintelligible on my laptop.  Background noise being what it is at 70mph!

It was mentioned in the video but Misty also posted this on Facebook a little while ago.  Apparently, you are not alone in wanting to register now.  ;)
image.png.8acaf19287347804ee40dcaa2f830ad5.png

47 minutes ago, Black Hills Barb said:

It was mentioned in the video but Misty also posted this on Facebook a little while ago.  Apparently, you are not the alone in wanting to register now.  ;)
image.png.8acaf19287347804ee40dcaa2f830ad5.png

After missing many, I promised Cat & Tex I would come this year.

Just secured a camping spot....will get my registration in when it opens.  This will be my first EOT.  It is 1,450 miles one way from my house to Founder's Ranch so I've never been before.  So glad that SASS corporate FINALLY moved this event, at least for one year, someplace more easterly.

Kajun

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Just secured a camping spot....will get my registration in when it opens.  This will be my first EOT.  It is 1,450 miles one way from my house to Founder's Ranch so I've never been before.  So glad that SASS corporate FINALLY moved this event, at least for one year, someplace more easterly.

Kajun

Okay Kajun...Shanley and I need a spot too!!!  (Wink-wink, nudge-nudge)

9 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

My only concern is shotgun ammo.  It's pretty hard to find.

Just before Christmas I saw Winchester AA low noise low recoil on Walmart shelves loose boxes for 7.99 box.

16 minutes ago, M D Lancaster said:

What is a conventioneer 

Dont think I can shoot all days but would like to have experience

Couldn't find any written description of what is included

Thanks

I would call the office. If you are not seeing conventioneer, it must not be offered this year.

Many adjustments have had to be made this past year for so many restrictions...sad, but just happy to have them at best.

Hope you make it out ,at minimum to socialize and have the experience of what EOT has to offer.

I will be signing up next week. I was 2 hours from there for a long time and now about 5 hours or less away.  I think the last time I was there I was shooting a monthly match for practice before I left for Winter Range.

Guess I better get busy, Got to find a camper and fix one of the golf carts I bought last year.

See you all soon.

Maddog McCoy

Congratulations to C.C. Top and Paradise Pass!  This will be a great shoot and overall experience.  The range is beautiful, the weather should be nice, and I know Deuce and Lassiter will give us a great match.  Can't wait.  I'll be among those jamming the lines to register Monday morning.

4 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

They had Federal LPP at South River for $70 a thousand.

I think that's too much. I know they're hard to find, but we should be working together, not hiking prices.

Unfortunately right now $70/1000 is a fair price.

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Unfortunately right now $70/1000 is a fair price.

Yep.  Right now, that's more than a fair price. The Lake Charles Gun Club in Lake Charles LA, who we, the Up the Creek Gang, leases land on their property for our cowboy town (which we now are in the long process of rebuilding after it was destroyed by Hurricane Laura), currently has in their store SPP priced at $200/1000 or $25/100.  I didn't notice whether they had any LPP because I don't use them.

Does anyone know if they charge for camping at Paradise Pass and if so how much? I couldn't find anything about camping on their website.   I thought I heard there were 180 spots?  Are there any campgrounds nearby?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks. Roper 

15 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Yep.  Right now, that's more than a fair price. The Lake Charles Gun Club in Lake Charles LA, who we, the Up the Creek Gang, leases land on their property for our cowboy town (which we now are in the long process of rebuilding after it was destroyed by Hurricane Laura), currently has in their store SPP priced at $200/1000 or $25/100.  I didn't notice whether they had any LPP because I don't use them.

They should be ashamed. That's terrible! :angry:

16 hours ago, Renegade Roper said:

Does anyone know if they charge for camping at Paradise Pass and if so how much? I couldn't find anything about camping on their website.   I thought I heard there were 180 spots?  Are there any campgrounds nearby?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks. Roper 

From past experience, all camping was dry. Lots of room in a big grass field. Not sure where CC will put the camping because a lot of parking will also be needed. Knowing the Pass crew, they've got a good plan in place.

1 hour ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

They should be ashamed. That's terrible! :angry:

Like it or not, it's not just the price they paid for what they are selling, it's the price they will have to pay for what they have to buy to replace it.

Archived