SASS Wire Forum

Important Announcement about EOT 2021

Misty Moonshine

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Assassin said:

There aren't many places that would be comfortable in the later part of June. That would eliminate the entire SW and SE. 

Georgia doesn't get really hot until July and August.  I doubt it's here though.  I can think of two ranges that could potentially handle EOT, and I'm pretty sure one of them hasn't been approached.  Not sure about the other.  

Hopefully we'll know soon.....

8 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Is the Riviera still open?  We could shoot the entire EOT there with wax bullets!  Probably shouldn't take over a month.

See The Full Riviera Implosion - skip to the 4 minute mark.

3 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Is the Riviera still open?  We could shoot the entire EOT there with wax bullets!  Probably shouldn't take over a month.

People saw the videos of wax bullet shooting. Took a long time to persuade people we shot real bullets after that. 

Oh heck..Just all jump in a big ole boat & float to Down -Under..we've got the range but a lot will have to swag it' [ sleeping bag , tent etc ]  cos there ain't a real lot of fancy accommodation..iffin' ya interested we'll get to building the boat :D

2 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Way to far away! Glad I had a refundable hotel room in New Mexico. 2021 was supposed to be better! Thought Biden was supposed to cure Covid! 

About a day and a half closer for us. It will be nice to get there in one short day instead of 2 long days.

Randy

14 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

About a day and a half closer for us. It will be nice to get there in one short day instead of 2 long days.

Randy

Randy, that's how I felt with it being in New Mexico! My body can handle a 7-8 hour drive with a day in-between driving and shooting, just can't handle 2-3 days of driving.  Tough choice trying to find a spot hospitable tp EOT! Not faulting SASS they are in a hard spot! Can't please everyone and I'm sure Misty and the gang didn't want the last EOT at founders to go out like this! Everyone enjoy EOT!

Rafe

9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That's great news.  Google tells me it's 675 miles to get there.  Heck I can make that in 8 hours.  The Burt's are going to EOT for the first time!  I've already reserved an AirBnB about 20 minutes from the range.

Make sure you bring some skeeter repellant.

I first thought, what the where? I live 5 miles from Warsaw, Missouri:lol: Which for some would be on the way to Warsaw, Indiana

31 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That's great news.  Google tells me it's 675 miles to get there.  Heck I can make that in 8 hours.  The Burt's are going to EOT for the first time!  I've already reserved an AirBnB about 20 minutes from the range.

Those are going to be really expensive speeding tickets.

36 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

1,806 miles from Tucson Az. about a 27 hour drive! Nope.

I feel your pain.  That was the journey for us in Maryland to EOT at Founders Ranch.  We had planned on EOT at Founders Ranch this year, but have already switched Hotel reservations to IN.  It's only 9 1/2 hours from home to Paradise Pass.

Our group has gone from 2 nights on the road to just a one day 8 hour drive.  We have reserved a beautiful lake front house and are looking forward to the new surroundings.
We will miss our usual stop at the Big Texan and the overnight stay in their kitchy hotel rooms though.  Oh and the margaritas.  I will definitely miss their margaritas.  :D

5 minutes ago, David Cardin said:

I’m just getting into the game but recently lived in Warsaw, IN.  Is EOT a spectator friendly event?  I would love to go back up and check it out.

Very much so, at least at the previous locations.  Eye and Ear protection is a must, and sometimes there is a small fee, but otherwise you will likely be welcome.

Until they release the applications, it's impossible to know, but they may also have a "Conventioneer" entry that gets you into the social events as well.

21 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Those are going to be really expensive speeding tickets.

Fair warning! Highway 30 has more cops than the donut shop! I got two tickets in 20 minutes on there once.

17 minutes ago, David Cardin said:

I’m just getting into the game but recently lived in Warsaw, IN.  Is EOT a spectator friendly event?  I would love to go back up and check it out.

Yes. Please do!

If you are a SASS member, register as a Conventioneer, and hang around for all the fun!!!

4 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Fair warning! Highway 30 has more cops than the donut shop! I got two tickets in 20 minutes on there once.

That's what we refer to as slow learner.^_^

2 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

The second one was for five over. 

A slow slow learner ???:P

Archived