SASS Wire Forum

Important Announcement about EOT 2021

Misty Moonshine

1 hour ago, Assassin said:

I have not been contacted by SASS, only folks asking if it's going to be here. 

Wishful thinking on my part.:D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can speculate all day!:rolleyes:

I know I've been playing the guessing game with the hubby. Sure hope I figure the right spot!!!

Anywho...told him to take off an extra travel day, just in case!!!:wub:

I like to sit back a day and relax before the fun starts!!

See y'all there, no matter where we end up!

I need to visit 8 states to complete the 50!  Oregon, Alaska, Minnesota, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota and Nebraska. 

Not asking for special consideration however, it would be nice if one of my needed states were the host for EOT 2021! :wub::wub::wub:

Exciting news! Can’t wait to hear where it’s gonna be held!!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Wishful thinking on my part.:D

The range in Cheyenne could possibly handle the number of shooters. It's the biggest range I know of except for Ben Avery. Logistically, Cheyenne could handle the number of shooters. As stated, I have not been contacted.  I haven't the desire nor the ambition for such an undertaking. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Clark said:

So we know that New Mexico and Wyoming are out. That leaves only 48 to go:lol:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Hawaii is out.  47 to go! 

The Range in Sparta Illinois has 1000 campsites, 12 Berms and Is big enough for the shoot.

June in Southern Illinois can be hot or comfortable, just never can tell.

However, it is owned by the State of Illinois and the state would cancel the shoot the day before it started if they felt that way. 

You can not trust the governor, he changes the rules on a daily basis.

Where ever it is, I plan on going this year and hopefully it is closer to Illinois that New Mexico and somewhere the weather is nice and cool in June.

The restrictions in California say that gatherings of 10 or more are required to wear a mask only IF they can not maintain the social distancing of 6'.  We have made the necessary changes to our match so that we can meet the current mandates, so, we are moving forward with our annual Fort Miller match. One thing we are doing is to offer shooters the choice of being on a posse where everyone is required to wear a Mask (can be pulled down while actually shooting) or they can choose to be on a posse where Mask are not required (optional posse). Of course social distancing will be maintained, that is very doable. We have had to cancel the Dinner, but everything else will be in full swing.  We had to cancel our Fort Miller match last year because of the Covid restrictions. However, the restrictions this year are not as strict as they were last April. We are very motivated to see to it that our Fort Miller match moves forward this year, however we will not allow that motivation to over shadow the need to keep our shooters safe.  A lot of folks just returned from a match and tested Positive, we certainly don't want that to happen. No matter where EOT is held, I encourage everyone to not be Cavalier about this Virus. I know some pretty tough Cowboys that didn't take all of this seriously. One of them has just had a death in his family with two others in ICU. This is not over yet! :ph34r: Be careful!

Snakebite

7 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

The Range in Sparta Illinois has 1000 campsites, 12 Berms and Is big enough for the shoot.

However, it is owned by the State of Illinois and the state would cancel the shoot the day before it started if they felt that way. 

Where ever it is, I plan on going this year and hopefully it is closer to Illinois that New Mexico and somewhere the weather is nice and cool in June.

I've been to non-shooting events in Minnesota and Wisconsin in mid-summer.  The temperatures were pleasant.  I could dry-camp with running an AC.  The Upper mid-West would suit me.

11 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I need to visit 8 states to complete the 50!  Oregon, Alaska, Minnesota, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, North Dakota and Nebraska. 

Not asking for special consideration however, it would be nice if one of my needed states were the host for EOT 2021! :wub::wub::wub:

Exciting news! Can’t wait to hear where it’s gonna be held!!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Hey there, Gunsmoke is in Minnesota, it is a great 3 day shoot and so much fun. Last time there I shot clean! You gotta go 

Lady Pearl 

Ben Avery would not allow it. They are restricting gathering size, ie winter range not happening. And well the heat.

9 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Awesome Range and campground with full hookup! I'm in.

58 minutes ago, MBFields said:

Ben Avery would not allow it. They are restricting gathering size, ie winter range not happening. And well the heat.

You know, with AZ showing GREEN from 1-26...I was thinking BASF...then I remembered AZ in June!!! 110° in the shade!!!

15 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You know, with AZ showing GREEN from 1-26...I was thinking BASF...then I remembered AZ in June!!! 110° in the shade!!!

Yep would need to bring a jacket. 

1 minute ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

Still can't get on. 

If it is talking about different ranges foe End of Trail .

Sparta Illinois , is a Beautiful Range . 1000 Camping with full hook ups.

https://fb.watch/3g9YNQbEeV/

This didn't help either???

Hmmmmm...

It does say they have a range identified and are cleaning up details.

NM is just ABOVE and beyond restricted, with no easing in sight.

The dates are June 18-26(?)

The rest of the info is soon to be announced.

IMO, with the Covid-19 threat, I doubt the super large ranges are as big an issue as in past.   A much lower entry restriction might be needed to accommodate a particular range that can offer substantial meeting facilities, vender space, parking area, targets, motels, RV parks, etc.   I also suspect that an airport within a couple of hours is of importance in the package.

3 minutes ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

Better get that range built pretty quick

Meeting with Game and Fish tomorrow, too late of notice for me to fly home and attend. We will be represented though.

9 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Wow! Better stay out of the shade, then. It'll kill you!

West Virginia is wide open and 2nd Amendment strong.  We have wide open spaces here between the mountains.  We just don't have enough SASS Shooters to volunteer to support such an endeavor.  But, we can dream.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:27 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

I think you're right.  It's probably Ben Avery in Phoenix, which would make sense.

I do hope it's one of those nice green states in the southeast though.  

Ben Avery is not Covid friendly we are shooting under restriction plus it's hot here in June

On 1/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, Misty Moonshine said:

CLICK HERE to watch an important video announcement on EOT 2021!

This isn't a spammy link - its a link to SASS' Official Facebook page where the video announcement is posted for public consumption. :) 

Misty Moonshine

Come on @Misty Moonshine the suspense is killing me!   Can you drop a hint?  Is it within 600 miles of Atlanta?  That's probably the outer limits of what I can do. 

I've never been to EOT and this just might be my year!  

Archived