• Last Reply

Picket/Vidette,

The only larger matches that I am aware of with a PCC side match are:

Kentucky State

Alabama State

Black Gold

Comin at Cha

Southeast Regional

Definitely put me on the list, if Georgia ever offer's it!

3 minutes ago, Chuck Steak said:

crazy question - how much ammo would an out-of-towner need to bring to shoot through a state match like this one ??

For the main match there is 10 stages so 200 cartridges plus extra for a reshoot and I usually estimate 5 shotgun shells per stage to be safe so 50 shells but you will use no where near that.  If you want to do side matches, that all depends on how many runs you want to make for each.  

We are at 166 shooters as of today's mail and still have room for more so get those apps in VERY soon if you want to shoot the match.

Kajun

Odd query: How is the topography at the site?  My 78 y/o mum "wants to see what all this cowboy shooting is about" and I thought if she gets her leg out of the boot she has for an Achilles issue, a state match might be just the ticket for her and her Roll-A-Tor.

1 hour ago, Joeronimo Caffiend said:

Odd query: How is the topography at the site?  My 78 y/o mum "wants to see what all this cowboy shooting is about" and I thought if she gets her leg out of the boot she has for an Achilles issue, a state match might be just the ticket for her and her Roll-A-Tor.

There's some hills, but nothing major and it's likely there will be some golf carts running folks around.

On my way from Massachusetts tomorrow.....Been looking forward to this for over two years!........Like a kid the night before Christmas!

Almost time

22 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

How does one compete in Team Side Match? or Couples Side Match?

Team Side Match

Couples Side Match

My daughter and I will compete in the couples side match on Fri afternoon. Just walk up before start time with your partner/team and sign up. Good fun.

Be safe on the way down.

We will be camping starting on Wednesday, I plan to break out the grill around 6:00 on Wednesday. I will have some burgers and dogs, not enough for everyone but some, if you would like to join us come on by site 34 and bring something dead to throw on the grin if you are hungry.

Two days now.

By my count there are 172 shooters. Weather prognostifikators are prognostifikating some purdy nice weather so hopefully this will be another great GA state match. 

Kajun

I've the RV loaded and have enough gas to get there tomorrow.   I hope the shortage is resolved by Sunday.  Otherwise we'll be looking to camp somewhere until we get enough gas to get home.

46 minutes ago, Null N. Void said:

I've the RV loaded and have enough gas to get there tomorrow.   I hope the shortage is resolved by Sunday.  Otherwise we'll be looking to camp somewhere until we get enough gas to get home.

It's not as bad as they make it sound, though that may change.  Today I drove by two gas stations that are relatively close to the range and they both had gas and not much in terms of lines. 

Was hoping to top off the tank and head off in the morning. Most of the stations I passed were 3 deep at the pumps. May take the old CB just in case

Bring too.  Coming from Florida.   It’s a crapshoot I guess. Hope the gas issue is cleared up by Sunday 

Cutting from 75 on rt 36 to 212.  Any ideas on gas thru there?

I can tell you that this thing is fluid .This afternoon I was told that unleaded in Covington has topped at $3.40 per. All of the large stations RT ,QT and Walmart are bone dry . Good Luck.

1 hour ago, Talon MaCleod said:

I can tell you that this thing is fluid .This afternoon I was told that unleaded in Covington has topped at $3.40 per. All of the large stations RT ,QT and Walmart are bone dry . Good Luck.

Thank you

Costco had plenty at lunchtime, $2.59 per gal.  Got me 38 gal in my truck, should be able to get back-n-forth to State match without problem !  Colonial announced they restarted the pipeline today at 5:00 PM.  This might last only a few days !    #notmypresident  #sorrynotsorry

Archived