SASS Wire Forum

2021 Georgia State SASS Championship

Krazy Kajun

Announcing the 2021 Georgia State SASS Championship – Stampede At South River. 

Fast Eddie and the folks at the South River Gun Club in Conyers GA cordially invite everyone to come on to Georgia and shoot with us at the 2021 Georgia State SASS Championship. You can find match information on the state match website located here.

The match will be held Thurs May 13 – Sat May 15. The Georgia State Black Powder Championship will be held on Thurs May 13th in conjunction with the SASS match. Side matches and the state black powder championship are on Thurs. The first 5 stages of the main match will be shot on Friday and the remaining 5 stages and awards will be held on Saturday. 

In lieu of a banquet, we will be upgrading the State Championship Buckles. Additionally, all registered shooters will be given tokens for lunch for both Friday and Saturday. The tokens will be good for the shooter’s choice of entre’ from the club house snack bar as well as a bag of chips and a drink. Barkeep Casey will be providing his adult beverage service for the awards ceremony. Please remember he works for tips only so please tip him generously and often.

There are 54 camping spaces with electric and water hookups on the range and are several hotels located about 12 miles from the range in Conyers at exit 82 off I-20.

The match director is Fast Eddie and the stages are being written by Blackhawk Henry and Fast Eddie.   

Ya’ll check out all of the information and if you have questions about anything please let us know.  For match information contact Fast Eddie via email fasteddie76308@hotmail.com. For registration information contact Krazy Kajun via email at krazy_kajun@aol.com.

Krazy Kajun

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Payne & Ophelia Payne are in!

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

How many people do we have so far Kajun?  We need to pep this thread up.

Capt. Bill we've got 103 shooters signed up so far.  If you are gonna shoot our match you need to get your application in soon.  You can find all of the match information at the state match web page at http://www.srscowboy.com/events.html.

Kajun

We have 120 registered shooters as of this Sat. Pony express run. We welcome y’all to join us in Georgia for another fun match. You’ll see lots of your friends and lots of fun stages to shoot. Get your application in soon so that we can properly plan everything.

Kajun

There are a LOT of campers signed up! South River has about the most camping spots I've ever seen for a big match, & they're all nice. I believe all are 50a & 30 amp, + 120v. It's gonna be a party!

Well we are at 132 registered shooters and still about 7 weeks out from the match.  Shaping up to be a good one.  If you want to shoot this match please get your applications in soon as there are some deadlines in place.  Please review the application for information.  You can find all of the match info at http://www.srscowboy.com/events.html .

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are at 151 registered shooters and have room for a lot more folks. Shaping up to be a good one.  If you want to shoot this match please get your applications in soon. You can find all of the match info at http://www.srscowboy.com/events.html .

Kajun

I'll be in Georgia two weeks too early to attend.  Grandson's Birthday takes priority.  Best I can do is give you a bump back to the top.

On 3/15/2021 at 8:49 PM, Max Payne said:

There are a LOT of campers signed up! South River has about the most camping spots I've ever seen for a big match, & they're all nice. I believe all are 50a & 30 amp, + 120v. It's gonna be a party!

I understand that Max will deliver coffee and a paper to each campsite in the mornings.

What happened to being a purist? 

There was no TP back in the day. 

Max should be going to each camper and distributing corn cobs.   All the people who complain about short strokes and footwear should be riding to the match on horses, wiping their behinds with their hands, then brushing their teeth with their fingers. 

16 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I understand that Max will deliver coffee and a paper to each campsite in the mornings.

You forgot Krispy Kremes!

Two chocolate glazed and two raspberry filled for me, please Max. No sugar in the coffee.  I’m on a diet.

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

You forgot Krispy Kremes!

Max, 

Are you still stopping by Courtyard Marriott on your way to the range? I like to get my donuts before Kajun slobbers all over them.

Sharyn the kids and I will be arriving around 8 am. She likes her coffee with hazelnut creamer, I like mine like my women, blonde and sweet. The Iron Cowboy will take OJ, Kid Flash too, and Lethal Lizzie just wants glazed Kristy Kreme. 

Barkeep you are bringing your bar stuff with you? Martini, extra dry, shaken, not stirred. After the shooting stops of course.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:46 PM, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Since the world doesn't have daily newspapers anymore, I assume he his delivering a roll of TP?

That is correct, Jack. So, you will not need to bring any.

5 hours ago, Max Payne said:

That is correct, Jack. So, you will not need to bring any.

Max, are you providing some of the special John Wayne toilet paper?

Kajun

17 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Barkeep you are bringing your bar stuff with you? Martini, extra dry, shaken, not stirred. After the shooting stops of course.

Yes I am! I will be slinging drinks during the Awards Ceremony.

3 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Max, are you providing some of the special John Wayne toilet paper?

Kajun

Yes.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:19 AM, Max Payne said:

Yes.

Pity I cant't get there, otherwise he'll need quite a few rolls of it.:D

Love ya mate.:wub:

3 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Sure wish you could make it....maybe after all this 'stuff' settles down and things get back to a more normal state ya'll can begin traveling again.

Kajun

13 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Back atcha, man!!

On 4/1/2021 at 2:47 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

Max, 

Are you still stopping by Courtyard Marriott on your way to the range? I like to get my donuts before Kajun slobbers all over them.

I don't let the donuts get anywhere near Kajun. He tries to lick them all.

Donuts? Maybe I'll have to figure a way to come. Any Florida pards need a travelin' buddy? Thanks, Preacherman 

1 hour ago, Preacherman said:

Donuts? Maybe I'll have to figure a way to come. Any Florida pards need a travelin' buddy? Thanks, Preacherman 

You need to get on up here.  How's that SKB workin' for ya?

Kajun

I'd love to come if I could, a long trip for me by myself. Embarrassed, shot SKB for the first time sat and it went very well. Been shooting the '87 for years. Time for a change.

Archived