SASS Wire Forum

How about hearing something good that has happened to you recently?

9 hours ago, DocWard said:

Well, even if he's got nothin, I'm glad @Utah Bob #35998is still here.

As for me, I think most who care to know are aware it has been a pretty crappy year and a half for my family. I haven't really thought to mention it before now, but I started a new job January 11th. I work for my County Veterans Services Office. I'll be training to be a CVSO (County Veterans Services Officer), and, assuming the goal of many to begin a Veteran Treatment Court comes to fruition, I will become the liaison between our office and the court. I work with a very small group of really good people, and am looking forward to the future for the first time in a long time.

Very cool. Very good friend of mine who is Vietnam combat vet and retired attorney does that here in Johnson County, KS. Good on ya Doc! :FlagAm:

Well, my wife had a heart valve replacement, and survived it. At her age that is quite a gift. Actually she is also a gift. 

She is on the mend and getting stronger all the time. 

29 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I got four limes. ;)

Allie, I don't have any limes, but I do have a little plastic squeeze bottle with what looks and smells like lime juice. 

No tree tho. 

Had cataract surgery on both eyes,recovering from the second just last Thursday.

Vision back to nearly 20/20.

Bad news?Now I cant blame any misses on poor vision.

That's OK,I'll take it.

Choctaw

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It ain't real unless we see pics of that Model 10, Rye! ^_^  

Here it is!!

9E53DC01-1D67-4FB1-BA1C-2F1477E96E95.jpeg

6A257CF8-E4A4-4C66-A577-A198C6E885EC.jpeg

@Rye Miles #13621 if you look at the face of the cylinder there might be just 2 or 3 showing evidence of firing. If they are still there, that was factory test loads and it is factory fresh! Great find, it is gorgeous.

11 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

@Rye Miles #13621 if you look at the face of the cylinder there might be just 2 or 3 showing evidence of firing. If they are still there, that was factory test loads and it is factory fresh! Great find, it is gorgeous.

The pard that bought this never fired it, bought in new, I even have the original shipping box. He bought in 2015 and sadly died in 2016! He just retired from the Cleveland Police Dept. Great guy and a cowboy shooter!

Well, the snow stopped. That's something I guess.

1-27-21b.jpg

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

2020 was the year of the Grandbabies 3 ... And that is about as good as it gets ....

Jabez Cowboy

You'll find yourself on 'GO FUND ME' come Christmas and B'Days for the next few years..... :lol:

Congratulations on those Grandbabies.    

I don't have any Grandkids but back in 93 when my daughter was born (and only child), I bought her a 

brand new Winchester 9422.    When she turned 10, we went out and shot it.   She is 27 now and she still

owns that rifle and shoots it occasionally.   It still looks brand new and functions flawless.

If Canadian law allows, pick em out a good firearm for future ownership.   They may appreciate it more than

you realize right now.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You'll find yourself on 'GO FUND ME' come Christmas and B'Days for the next few years..... :lol:

Congratulations on those Grandbabies.    

I don't have any Grandkids but back in 93 when my daughter was born (and only child), I bought her a 

brand new Winchester 9422.    When she turned 10, we went out and shot it.   She is 27 now and she still

owns that rifle and shoots it occasionally.   It still looks brand new and functions flawless.

If Canadian law allows, pick em out a good firearm for future ownership.   They may appreciate it more than

you realize right now.

..........Widder

Widder;

Already picked up a pair of Single action 5 inch barreled .22 rimfire Revolvers ..

Wish SASS would allow the Use of 28 Ga. For Buckeretts  and Buckeroos .... Got a Nice Double .... With a true 28 ga size Frame ...

Widder Good to hear you is back in Fine Fiddle Shape ....

Jabez Cowboy

22 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I woke up this morning and wasn't dead

10 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Well, I'm still above the dirt ;)

OLG 

Ya takes what ya can get! 

Archived