SASS Wire Forum

Economic Impact Payment card

Rye Miles #13621

Did anyone else get this? It;s a credit card from Omaha,Ne and it's says it "contains the money from the IRS stimulus fund (which I did not receive yet)

EDIT: Not a scam read on below 

17 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

My card is not really blue it's brown but has stars, Visa logo, my name and all the info listed on the back. Metabank etc. Money Network EIPCARD.com I guess it's legit! I almost tossed it. I wonder if my bank would verify if it;s legit or not? I'm going to go there tomorrow.

Thanks for the info John!! Much obliged!;) 

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My card is not really blue it's brown but has stars, Visa logo, my name and all the info listed on the back. Metabank etc. Money Network EIPCARD.com I guess it's legit! I almost tossed it. I wonder if my bank would verify if it;s legit or not? I'm going to go there tomorrow.

They claimed the bank could deposit the card funds into your bank account during the first stimulus.

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Rye, I recd. a debit card from meta bank for 600 my bank would not cash it, Had to go to a listed ATM  and let only 400 out. went back next day and declined 200

Another try no go, called number on card and finally able to transfer 199 into my checking acct. lost $1 in fees. what a huge PITA !!!

Hope you have better luck!

Lefty

First time around we got a debit card. Like Rye, I durn near threw it away. We just used it to buy everyday stuff until it was gone. Only thing that was a pain was despite saying DEBIT big as Dallas, some places we had to run it as a credit card.

JHC

I got a small stimulus check, from the U.S. Treasury today....and it said "Donald Trump, President" on the front of it. 

So....

Thank you President Trump. I'm sure ole sniffin' joe will do his best to tax that check, and any and everything else he, and his cronies, can think of. 

26 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

The card thing does not sound right. 

The first two covid payments were either direct deposits or a treasury check. No fees or interest rates.

Cards were sent to folks without bank accounts, or who had not approved direct deposits by the Feds.

LL

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

Do you need a bank account to cash a treasury check?

Depends on the bank.  Some will not cash any check unless you have an account; others will do it even if you are not an account holder, but may charge you a fee.

LL

2 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

The card thing does not sound right. 

The first two covid payments were either direct deposits or a treasury check. No fees or interest rates.

I checked it out and it’s legit. My first check was mailed to me last year but they are sending debit cards now. I’m going to the bank to see if they can verify it. 

I do not have direct deposit.

My bank would not cash the card.

They did not have the machine to connect for that purpose.

They said to go online to the web site on the card.

Follow the instructions to deposit all the money on the card to my bank account.

Well, now the government has my account info. Checking.

Only thing is, I only keep a minimum amount in my checking. (no more than $200)

If I need more, I move money from savings to checking when needed.

My accounts are not connected to each other.

In fact my checking and savings are not even in the same bank.

It took only a few minutes to follow the instructions and transfer all the money on the card to my checking.

In 3 days I was able to withdraw that money to cash.

3 days because it was over a weekend. (all explained in the instructions)

I do not do credit or debit cards.

Do not do gift card either.

I called my bank and the nice lady there told me to activate it. make a pin number and come in and transfer the $600.00 into my account. No muss no fuss even though a check would have been a lot easier!:angry:

If you get one of these and you're eligible for the stimulus payment DON'T THROW IT AWAY IT'S LEGIT!!

So they had to make the cards, hook up with Metabank and Visa. That had to cost some money! Wouldn’t it have been cheaper to just cut a check?? :blink:

The debit card makes it easier for the government to track your spending habits.

Also if you do not spend all of it by the expiration date, they get to keep the money not spent.

Just love the US government people.

Always think of themselves.

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

The debit card makes it easier for the government to track your spending habits.

Also if you do not spend all of it by the expiration date, they get to keep the money not spent.

Just love the US government people.

Always think of themselves.

It’s already been deposited in my checking account! They can’t track that. The expiration date was 06/24!! BTW 

Archived