SASS Wire Forum

Information

tdcsmb

My brother-in-law in NJ came into the ownership of an old gun which someone said was sort of a "pocket gun" years many ago. It's a Smith & Wesson .32 which shoots .32 shorts. Ever seen one? Any idea of its value? More importantly, any idea where he could get ammo for it? We've checked all over up here and a couple of dealers have heard of it, but have not seen such ammo for years.

40 minutes ago, tdcsmb said:
 My brother-in-law in NJ came into the ownership of an old gun which someone said was sort of a "pocket gun" years many ago. It's a Smith & Wesson .32 which shoots .32 shorts. Ever seen one? Any idea of its value? More importantly, any idea where he could get ammo for it? We've checked all over up here and a couple of dealers have heard of it, but have not seen such ammo for years.

Send a photo...

Any identifying marks, serial #...

I can get those to someone in the collectibles to look at it.

There are a number of S&W pistols in that caliber. Photos or markings are necessary to identify it.

MIGHT be a .32 short rimfire. There were a lot made in that calibre by many manufacturers. 

If it's a .32 rimfire, I understand ammunition is no longer made and any around sells for over $100.00++ per 50, if you can find it.

This one was carried by an uncle, a long time ago and was used for the purpose it was intended.

.32 Rimfire 008.JPG

Archived