SASS Wire Forum

Daybreak

Utah Bob #35998

Before I had my morning Joe, I spotted some morning doe out in the yard. 5 of em and a little buck. Then about 100 yards out, I saw the Big Boy. Couldn't get a decent shot through the wintry window so I snuck out the back door as quite as I could and as the doe moved off he actually came closer to pose. Thanks, Buck.

Buck1-25-20a.jpg

It was nice of him to pose. Fella seems to fancy himself quite a bit.

37 minutes ago, watab kid said:

nice photos , i no longer get any in the yard as the town has built up around me , 

I’ll be dead before the town gets out here. :lol:

A fitting mascot for the Lazy Bob ranch.  May he propagate those genes widely.

Frame his portrait over your fireplace and salute him daily with the beverage of choice.  You are a lucky cowboy, Bob, and that magnificent buck is lucky to have your sanctuary.

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

nice photos , i no longer get any in the yard as the town has built up around me , 

We get a handfull each day. Two new homeowners in the area have barking dogs...we don't see as much as we used to.

Always have at least one Doe that will fawn in the back property each year...seem to be the same 2 Does and a buck this past summer....along with this guy!!!

I haven't got to see him, but the neighbor did!! 

He's been hanging out in the back property from time to time!

14933.jpeg

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Before I had my morning Joe, I spotted some morning doe out in the yard. 5 of em and a little buck. Then about 100 yards out, I saw the Big Boy. Couldn't get a decent shot through the wintry window so I snuck out the back door as quite as I could and as the doe moved off he actually came closer to pose. Thanks, Buck.

Buck1-25-20a.jpg

Bob, if I'm not mistaken, that's a whitetail.  I'm looking at the tines branching only off the main beam and the white patch on the neck.  I mention it because mule deer rule the roost as far as deer species in Colorado.  I know we have whitetail and some hunting licenses are good only for whitetail, but they are far less common and a *LOT* more skittish.

11 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Bob, if I'm not mistaken, that's a whitetail.  I'm looking at the tines branching only off the main beam and the white patch on the neck.  I mention it because mule deer rule the roost as far as deer species in Colorado.  I know we have whitetail and some hunting licenses are good only for whitetail, but they are far less common and a *LOT* more skittish.

Nope that’s a mulie. They also have the white patch. Nearest white tails are over in Disappointment Valley, about 50 miles northeast from here. 

EB7BE0DF-ED18-4DE1-9C70-60B4A596D539.jpeg

8CD47FBF-81E5-4EB6-9F8B-E0266EE33650.jpeg

I agree that he is a mule deer, based on the way his antlers “Y” off the main beam.  But his classification is irrelevant; he is a magnificent animal, a breath taking resident of the Lazy Bob Ranch.  May he and Bob and Carol enjoy looking at each other for many years to come.

Archived