SASS Wire Forum

One of Lifes...little Nuggets

Widder, SASS #59054

Life can be strange.   Sometimes we don't recognize those little 'nuggets' till nearly midnight in our life.

Although Karen was never one of my favorites while growing up, her voice and songs become more memorable

and cherished as years go by.   Here is one of those memorable 'nuggets' of mine worth sharing with my Wire Pards

on this rainy Monday morning here in E.Tennessee.

Hope you enjoy.

..........Widder

31 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Life can be strange.   Sometimes we don't recognize those little 'nuggets' till nearly midnight in our life.

Although Karen was never one of my favorites while growing up, her voice and songs become more memorable

and cherished as years go by.   Here is one of those memorable 'nuggets' of mine worth sharing with my Wire Pards

on this rainy Monday morning here in E.Tennessee.

Hope you enjoy.

..........Widder

So Widder, you know what makes rainy days and Mondays go by a little easier?  Why its easy, just call ole TW and tell him you've got a few more of them there fiddy cent DQ qpons left and git him to drive you and him over to the DQ and eat both your fill of nanner splits.  Of course you mightn wanna call ahead and warn them ole TW is comin' wif ya so's they can run to the Kroger and stock up on nanners and such! :lol:

Kajun

The first concert I ever went to was the Carpenters, sometime in the early 70's I think.

I bought tickets to take my mom to see them at our junior college gym. There was a basketball game first and then they had to clear the building for the concert. I went to the game, then went outside. I had given her both tickets and never found her and couldn't get in for the concert. Mom had a great time.

I went back to the house a group of us rented and everyone laughed when I told them what happened. Paid to see the Carpenters then didn't even see them. Plus for me at the time it's surprising that I was able to spring for the tickets in the first place. Mom recently passed at my home but we always laughed at that story. 

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

For a number of years in the 1970s I don't think you could go to a  prom, graduation or a wedding without hearing, "We've only just begun" or "Close to you"!

"We've only just begun" was Shirttails pick to be played at our wedding 50+ years ago.

kR

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

"We've only just begun" was Shirttails pick to be played at our wedding 50+ years ago.

kR

Same here only it was 40 years ago. Got divorced 2 years later....wonder what ever happened to that woman.

A band I was in during the bi-Centennial year had a Carpenter's medley that we did. Final was " Rainy Days and Mondays". The other first player and I had a duet during it. Dynamite sound between him and I. One of my highlight memories besides meeting my wife in that band. That was 45 years ago:wub::blush:

Archived