SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 3 Screw 45 Colt

joachim slim

Im thinking of buying a 3 screw 45 colt that was made in 1971. I cant remember what model frame that is. I will have to buy grip panels for it.

Depending on the barrel length it will be a BKH 44 (4 & 5/8) or a BKH 47 (7& 1/2 barrel) The grip frame will be a XR3-RED, They made less of the 3 screw 45's than just about any other 3 screw and they are usually priced accordingly . Try a WTB ad here or on the Ruger forum http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=1be241c5d867578d01065d1f768e2a97

XR3-RED  So, any grips that fit the "old model" Vaquero, New Model Blackhawk, (except the .357 Anniversary edition), or Ruger Old Army will fit your gun.

While it is true that the 3-screw Rugers have the XRED-3 frame, whether a particular pair of grips will fit properly is a matter of chance...there could be some gaposis.  You may get lucky and any pair may fit, or not. Are you planning to get regular Ruger grips or aftermarket?  Check Eagle grips and Altamont Grips.  

Stay well and safe, Pard!

15 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

While it is true that the 3-screw Rugers have the XRED-3 frame, whether a particular pair of grips will fit properly is a matter of chance...there could be some gaposis.  You may get lucky and any pair may fit, or not. Are you planning to get regular Ruger grips or aftermarket?  Check Eagle grips and Altamont Grips.  

Stay well and safe, Pard!

I am just looking to get factory grips.

Archived