SASS Wire Forum

"Different" American flag

Alpo

I saw a flag today while out walking the dog, and I could not decide what it was supposed to be.

The standard American flag, except the red stripes appear to be a very dark purple. They weren't black - you can see a reddish tinge to the color when the sun hit it - but they certainly were not red.

And the eighth stripe - the first white stripe below the field - was made up of little rectangles of color. The flag was not blowing in the wind, so I could not see all of that stripe. It was drooping. But it looked like rectangles, the width of the stripe, and about five or six inches long. There was a yellow one there was an orange one. I think there was a green one.

My first thought was a rainbow flag, but the colors were not lined up like a rainbow. Not in the color of a spectrum - red orange yellow green blue indigo and violet.

Anyone seen such a flag?

The rectangles have me stumped.

An eighth purple stripe is somewhat new, and is supposed to honor those injured or killed while in political office.

All dark stripes purple? Sun fade on a black and white flag with an eighth stripe?

I just searched, no results for rectangles on the eighth stripe. Trying to honor everyone?

I was once yelled at online because I had a "celebrate diversity " meme showing handguns from different nations and the letters done up in green,  yellow,  and red..  How DARE I use "African colors. "  

Maybe it's a black transgender pride flag.

9 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

something like this LGTBQ Pride Rainbow Flag

us_gay8.gif

That's exactly what it looked like. But they did not look black.

31 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I was once yelled at online because I had a "celebrate diversity " meme showing handguns from different nations and the letters done up in green,  yellow,  and red..  How DARE I use "African colors. "  

Maybe it's a black transgender pride flag.

Good grief. It's like some people are so torqued up that will pounce on anything.

Correction. You saw some kind of flag. It was not a different American flag unless it was one of these imho.

CFB75C51-6994-45E6-8E45-D41A9EAFA1F1.jpeg

Started seeing this flag few years ago called, "The Thin Blue Line" flag and flown in support of Law Enforcement Officers.

Homeowner Told to Remove 'Noxious & Offensive' Pro-Police Flag | The Stream

Of course, other similar flags have stated showing up.  One with a red strip for Fire Fighters.

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I don't see the Star-Spangled Banner on that poster.

15 stars, 15 stripes. Flew over Fort McHenry.

EE398A7B-C922-4F82-AD21-B56CA99BF30F.jpeg

So does the one in the bottom right corner that says it's a 50-star flag from 1960.

Those flags show the star pattern as, from the top, 9,8,9,8,9,8, which adds up to 51.

The correct pattern is 6,5,6,5,6,5,6,5,6.

I'm sorry, folks, but I don't respect not acknowledge and "American Flag" that varies from the official colors.  It seems a disrespect for my flag.  That includes flags 'honoring"LEOs, firefighters, American Indian, and any other splinter groups of any kind.

I understand they think they are honoring the flag and their people at the same time but it just isn't right.  I'm not n down anyone who chooses to connect their cause to the flag, but don't deface the flag doing it.

I prefer keeping Old Glory red, white, and blue and using those colors and symbols on bunting rather than defacing our flag.

50 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm sorry, folks, but I don't respect not acknowledge and "American Flag" that varies from the official colors.  It seems a disrespect for my flag.  That includes flags 'honoring"LEOs, firefighters, American Indian, and any other splinter groups of any kind.

I understand they think they are honoring the flag and their people at the same time but it just isn't right.  I'm not n down anyone who chooses to connect their cause to the flag, but don't deface the flag doing it.

I prefer keeping Old Glory red, white, and blue and using those colors and symbols on bunting rather than defacing our flag.

Amen!

Recently I was offered a patch that looked like a black and white US flag. I declined. I don’t get this trend in honoring the flag by defacing the flag. 

3 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I miight have to git me oneathem Betsy Ross flags.

Something elegant about that one.

Sort of like an original colt.

Best

CR

You could get a cap from Rush Limbaugh that has the Betsy Ross flag on it. The money goes to help first responders and their families that are hurting. They had t shirts but I guess only the caps now.

image.png.eb110b4acbc18d9a04b954d754d3c919.png

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Also, on UB's chart, the "Current U.S. Flag" has 51 stars!  :huh:

It ain’t My chart.

Archived