SASS Wire Forum

Shooting 2nd Gen SS Colt C&B 1860's

Pee Wee #15785

Anyone shooting 2nd gen stainless C&B Colts?  If so what guns and did you have any work done to make them shoot.  Is the arbor ok or does it need work before using.  I have a pair of Army 1860's I would like to use but not if a lot of work needs done on them..  I have several pair of Navy 1851's I use as match guns with the 60's just setting there.

20 minutes ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Anyone shooting 2nd gen stainless C&B Colts?  If so what guns and did you have any work done to make them shoot.  Is the arbor ok or does it need work before using.  I have a pair of Army 1860's I would like to use but not if a lot of work needs done on them..  I have several pair of Navy 1851's I use as match guns with the 60's just setting there.

Yes I do...They just seem to have gotten cut...When Jim Bowie finishes with them I will get back to them...I will have 2 pairs with short barrels....And still have 2 pair in storage not cut down....And maybe a couple more hiding somewhere...My ROAs ran into the same problem...

Texas Lizard

Mine are 1860  SS Colt....I like army grips...Them seem to fit my hand better...

Archived