SASS Wire Forum

Crazy SG Loads

Tequila Shooter

11 hours ago, Snakebite said:

It was at our club that a woman got a eye full of glitter. It cut her eye and she had to go to the doctor. It took weeks for her eye to heal up. Adding anything to your Shotgun Shells is not a good idea. Adding the wrong thing to the powder charge can turn that shotgun shell into a bomb and or greatly increase the pressure.  IMO there is no place in this game for that kind of fun. It is dangerous and puts others at risk. 

Snakebite 

We don’t put anything it the powder charge. Any added item is placed in the shot cup with the shot. These loads were created, assembled, and tested by and under the supervision of a professional loader/reloader.

We fired the cremated ashes of a fellow deceased shooter over the graveyard at our range in a salute to him. He had asked his wife to have him loaded into shotgun  shells and had box fired at each range where he had so much enjoyment shooting with his friends.  It was really very nice. Irish ☘️ Pat

10 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

We fired the cremated ashes of a fellow deceased shooter over the graveyard at our range in a salute to him. He had asked his wife to have him loaded into shotgun  shells and had box fired at each range where he had so much enjoyment shooting with his friends.  It was really very nice. Irish ☘️ Pat

I was present at a similar interment at an unnamed fort, we used a cannon at evening Retreat when we struck the Colors. Final wish to spend eternity in a place that brought him joy. 

15 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

We've done the same at a couple of matches before the match actually started and no-one was on the line except the MD. I have asked my wife to do the same when I go and to hopefully use my guns for at least one stage.

I had the unfortunate experience of loaning my hi dollar (least for me) hammered double to a pard who’s sg died. If hate to see the look on my face when I saw the red and blue chalk fly out of it. Cleaning that crap was a heck of a lot harder than cleanin the black powder residue. 

6 hours ago, Texas Shane said:

I had the unfortunate experience of loaning my hi dollar (least for me) hammered double to a pard who’s sg died. If hate to see the look on my face when I saw the red and blue chalk fly out of it. Cleaning that crap was a heck of a lot harder than cleanin the black powder residue. 

You mean they used your gun and their ammo?  And they shot a chalk load out of it?  And they didn’t clean the gun for you?  That’d be the last time I’d loan them any gun.

Archived