SASS Wire Forum

Well, that didn't work out.

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Thought I had a 1951 Colt Detective Special locked down.Nearly new in the box.

Guy backed out yesterday.  Says his wife found out about it raised hell because she gave him the gun as a gift for their tenth wedding anniversary.

Upside is that now I can pay cash for my new Uberti / Cimarron Arms First Model American when it get here in a couple of weeks.  I turned one down in .45 Colt and am holding out for a .44 Russian / .44 Special with an 8" barrel.

They will also be available in .44-40 and .357  before too long.   SOOOOO much better that a Scofield or a 3rd Model Russian or #3 Frontier.

This gun rates right up there with the 1860 Colt style "civilian models" for pure-dee elegance

I wonder if they have plans to bring that model out with a shorter barrel than the eight inch one.

Seems like I heard, or read, they were, but so far, I have not seen any advertised for sale.

Of course, all I can find, right now, is the one's in .45 Colt, with an eight inch barrel.

I would prefer one in .44 special/Colt/Russian, myself....with a shorter barrel, that is.

I must have patience. 

W.K. 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I wonder if they have plans to bring that model out with a shorter barrel than the eight inch one.

Seems like I heard, or read, they were, but so far, I have not seen any advertised for sale.

Of course, all I can find, right now, is the one's in .45 Colt, with an eight inch barrel.

I would prefer one in .44 special/Colt/Russian, myself....with a shorter barrel, that is.

I must have patience. 

W.K. 

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that they are going to be bringing them over with five inch barrels, too, and later some will be offered in nickel plate.

Call Greg at Cimarron and ask him.  You won't find many people friendlier or more helpful.  Tell him I said "Hi!"

Archived