SASS Wire Forum

Snow, Snow & More Snow

Started snowing early this AM, now 3 to 4 inches. Forecast is for snow the next 4 out of 6 days. Got to plow my road this morning before it gets too deep. Bet there is a lot at Utah Bob's place (about 30 miles NW of me).

morning snow 003.JPG

morning snow 002.JPG

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Started snowing early this AM, now 3 to 4 inches. Forecast is for snow the next 4 out of 6 days. Got to plow my road this morning before it gets too deep. Bet there is a lot at Utah Bob's place (about 30 miles NW of me).

morning snow 003.JPG

morning snow 002.JPG

Hope some of that gets to the Wimanuche!!!

I for one, am jealous.

We had a couple of inches of whatever that is, a couple of weeks ago. It was gone by the next morning. Usually we get sleet/ice, that shuts things down for a few days, but rarely does it snow here. When it does, it usually disappears fast. 

I remember it snowed once, back in the 50's, and I made a snowman, for the first and only time in my life. I still remember it, even though I was only 4 or 5.  Of course it snows up in the panhandle a lot more than here, but then again, there is nothing between the panhandle, and the north pole, but a barbed wire fence....with the gate down.  Down here it can be 20 degrees in the morning, and 70 degrees in the afternoon. The only constant is inconsistency. 

W.K.

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Just plowed the road again, another 2 to 3 inches last night.

Hey, Pard, could you send a little of that stuff over on the East side of the Divide?  I'm getting tired of paying $340 a session to have an outfit deep water our evergreen trees!  Weather people keep saying we are gonna get snow, but I woke up this morning and the sun was shining and high is supposed to be in the  upper 40's.  I don't mean a blizzard, just enough to avoid deep watering.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

3 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

They're calling for a tenth inch of ice here over night. Not too thrilled about that. Snow I can deal with, ice....................:angry::blush:

Stay home and clean guns.

Got all my devices charging right now. Weather radio too. I'll be unplugging my Internet shortly, got thunderstorms rolling in tonight. Warm right now, unseasonably warm. And breezy. Tornado watches in affect a few hundred miles to the west (at the moment).

Snow predicted for Thursday.

22 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

I have seen that kind of snow on my deck. Not a pretty picture. 

My daddy built the stone house in the '60s.

It has morphed through the years, and his garage became a bedroom/bath...so he built a new garage.

As the family grew, he built sleeping quarters above the garage, and built this great deck.

He did have it colapse once...rebuilt it to be more hearty...

But still don't want too have it tested.

This is still not the snow we've seen...

2018!

3354.jpeg

Y'all couldn't leave well enough alone, could ya.  Now all your ferschlugginger snow has landed on me.  I left Utah to get away from snow and yet HERE IT IS.....DAMMIT!!!!! and it's all y'all's fault.  I been jinxed by snow lovers.

Just got done plowing the road again .....looks like another 2 to 3 inches last night. Forecast says more comin Friday.

Oh my goodness!

I think Lake Erie is only about 3% iced, which means any wind picks up an immense amount of moisture.

Think Lake Effect Snow.

So far we've only got a dusting, I think this morning it's less than a half inch.

For us that's most unusual!

I recall the record snows of '78, I was a working paramedic in Cambridge ... brrr ... glad we've not seen that repeated!

Howdy,

Snowed yesternight and some finishing touch all day.

I still havent quite got the two inch of hard bond ice off the drive.

Neighbors heped but still target remains, just smaller.

I bought salt for the first time in many years.

And my doc said to avoid salt.

And my doc said to avoid falling down and shattering anything.

Which is it doc???

This morning I have a clean dry sidewalk?? am I dreaming?

I think the eatemup shop is today.

I have to see which waitressssss is still there.

Limited seating like every 47th seat????

Best

CR

Archived