SASS Wire Forum

Your Favorite HOT Sauce —-Updated

Yul Lose

The Scotch Bonnet Mustard (36,000 Scoville points) sauce arrived last night; so, before dabbing it (and possibly ruining) on my roast beef sandwich at lunch today, I poured some rather liberally onto a flour tortilla.

I have to admit that I was underwhelmed.  It was spicy and hot, but I wouldn’t say it was 3 times the heat of my 14,300 Fiji Fire.  I checked the ingredients and the scotch bonnet chili peppers are fourth largest ingredient.  I did add generously to my sandwich and made it good and spicy, but it’s not close to blowing my doors off.

I’ll have to see what the next sauce should be when I catch up using the remainder of the other sauces.

82917C98-2140-41E5-BAC8-E61032A0CBA0.jpeg

My wife’s step-mom loved and collected hot sauces. When Carolyn passed in December 2019, most of her sauces were in storage. My wife said her dad recently put some of them back up on display (there are more than 400 in all). Guess I’ll have to go check them out. 

I often shopped here Mo Hotta Mo Betta to add to her collection. I like hot and Carolyn loved it and should could take more heat than I can.  That said, some of these sauces are all pain, no flavor. Heat ratings in listed Scoville units have been replaced by more accurate methods, however the science of all of this may not matter to your mouth or ass-end as you will definitely know when you have passed your comfort zone no matter what the label says. 

I like the original Dave’s Insanity hot sauce but do  not plan to try any of these Top 20 Hottest Sauces  ever.

Not a great photo, but here is part of Carolyn’s collection. More than one of these maimed me on both ends!

3B791C5B-E5BF-41F6-9498-CFE47DC8087E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ethan Cord said:

Not a great photo, but here is part of Carolyn’s collection. More than one of these maimed me on both ends!

3B791C5B-E5BF-41F6-9498-CFE47DC8087E.jpeg

THAT is a hot sauce collection!!!!

On 1/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Try this, then eat plenty of ice cream. When you are riding the porcelain pony the next day, you yell "Come on ice cream!"

s-l1600.jpg

The Scoville rating on this is 1,200,000.  It will take me awhile to work my way to that one, by gum.

Archived