SASS Wire Forum

Anthony Hopkins was FPR (Front Porch Ready)

Raylan

One of my favorite movies.

Darn good movie. Have to watch it again.

The title refers to the Biblical fall from innocence. In Sweden, however, the title was translated as "Höstlegender" meaning "Legends of the Autumn", the season. Similarly, in South Korea, the title was "Gaeul-ui jeonseol" interpreting "the fall" as the autumn season. The same in France, where it was named "Légendes d'automne" also in Romania, named "Legendele toamnei".

The ranch location in the movie was almost certainly inspired by the Hilger Ranch on the bank of the Missouri River at the Gates of the Mountains. The steep, rocky canyon where Isabel Two was killed depicts Wolf Creek Canyon, on the way to Helena on I-15. I can remember going through the canyon in the back seat of my parent's car before the Interstate was built, little changed from the era other than the trail was blacktopped. Today, I can take the curves at 80 mph all the way through, but ya gotta keep a good eye out for bighorn sheep.  ;)

15 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

The ranch location in the movie was almost certainly inspired by the Hilger Ranch on the bank of the Missouri River at the Gates of the Mountains. The steep, rocky canyon where Isabel Two was killed depicts Wolf Creek Canyon, on the way to Helena on I-15. I can remember going through the canyon in the back seat of my parent's car before the Interstate was built, little changed from the era other than the trail was blacktopped. Today, I can take the curves at 80 mph all the way through, but ya gotta keep a good eye out for bighorn sheep.  ;)

When they moved the location from Montana to Alberta it saved $2 million in production costs due to the exchange rate.  The sets for the ranch were the Rafters Six Resort (since dismantled) between Canmore and Calgary, AB.  The ID badges on the army uniforms were of the forerunner of the Calgary Highlanders.  Several current members of the Calgary Highlanders (current Militia unit in Calgary) played the soldiers in the movie.  Most of the cast stayed in Calgary during the filming.

Archived