Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

Model 10 Cleveland Police Commemorative, unfired from 2015. This was from a pard of ours that passed away. I'm glad to have a couple of his guns. He was a retired CPD.

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Nice!. Are you gonna leave it unfired?

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards firing it. The collector value would only be valid for a Cleveland or Ohio policeman or someone who collects these. For the price I paid I'm pretty sure I'll shoot it. I've always loved the Model 10's, never had one!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Nice. Treat it with the respect it deserves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Model 10 fixed sights are generally regulated to put a 158 grain bullet at point of aim at combat distance.  2.7 grains of Bullseye under a 140 to 160 grain bullet will probably give you groups with all shots touching each other, and will be very easy on your hand and the gun.  Post pictures of your targets!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh...that’s Cool, Rye. I really like that one. 
 

Of course you should shoot it...a lot!

 

Here is a picture of my model 10. It is a Hong Kong C&E lend lease. C&E is Customs and Excise police. When I got the gun it was basically new. If it had been fired it wasn’t much. But some jasper apparently swapped the grips out, but that’s okay. I like it. I love the lanyard ring and refuse to remove it. Finding grips that accommodate the lanyard is a pain but I wanted to keep it original looking so I bought a BK Grip adaptor. It’s basically a plastic T-Grip. 
I would recommend that if you feel you need a different grip give these a try. 
https://bkgrips.com/

 

Here is a photo of my model 10 with the BK grip added and one without. 
 

A24E74D7-EE8B-47AA-AD4D-F1741DE407B7.thumb.jpeg.75ab0d8866cc4350a8756eb211075507.jpeg

 

BCC72E8C-3E39-4DD8-BB51-F5753B9F825C.thumb.jpeg.ef70a1d4fd1f4839c1132538e0f734b4.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards firing it. The collector value would only be valid for a Cleveland or Ohio policeman or someone who collects these. For the price I paid I'm pretty sure I'll shoot it. I've always loved the Model 10's, never had one!

 

Shoot it and enjoy it. An unfired gun is nothing more than an expensive rock.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ooh...that’s Cool, Rye. I really like that one. 
 

Of course you should shoot it...a lot!

 

Here is a picture of my model 10. It is a Hong Kong C&E lend lease. C&E is Customs and Excise police. When I got the gun it was basically new. If it had been fired it wasn’t much. But some jasper apparently swapped the grips out, but that’s okay. I like it. I love the lanyard ring and refuse to remove it. Finding grips that accommodate the lanyard is a pain but I wanted to keep it original looking so I bought a BK Grip adaptor. It’s basically a plastic T-Grip. 
I would recommend that if you feel you need a different grip give these a try. 
https://bkgrips.com/

 

Here is a photo of my model 10 with the BK grip added and one without. 
 

A24E74D7-EE8B-47AA-AD4D-F1741DE407B7.thumb.jpeg.75ab0d8866cc4350a8756eb211075507.jpeg

 

BCC72E8C-3E39-4DD8-BB51-F5753B9F825C.thumb.jpeg.ef70a1d4fd1f4839c1132538e0f734b4.jpeg

 

Nice piece!! I like the lanyard ring!!;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice gun. It should give you and your family many years of service. It's hard not to like S&W revolvers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My first issued police gun. I fired Distinguished Expert with it. It was well broken in and smooth as silk.:wub:

An engraved commemorative is the only gun I wouldn’t fire.

Edited by Utah Bob #35998
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My first issued police gun. I fired Distinguished Expert with it. It was well broken in and smooth as silk.:wub:

An engraved commemorative is the only gun I wouldn’t fire.

I get what you're Bob, but the way I look at it is this is only collectible to a CPD or OHIO LEO that actually collects these. All my guns are going to my two sons so I'm not worrying about it going up in value. I'm 73, not gonna live long enough to see a real profit on this. So away I go next week to the range.;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My first issued police gun. I fired Distinguished Expert with it. It was well broken in and smooth as silk.:wub:

An engraved commemorative is the only gun I wouldn’t fire.

I still have mine and probably always will 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

S & W Made a lot of M-10 Commemorative Series Guns ,,, "Calgary Police  " , "RCMP" , "Winnipeg Police "' , "Ontario Provincial Police "  and a bunch more I can't think off offhand ....

Most Canadian Ones were made with 5 inch barrels ...

 

Jabez Cowboy 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a sucker for S&W revolvers! Love that Kframe!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

these are wonderful , i would shoot it and enjoy at the same time taking extreme care of it as your friend would like , they need to be enjoyed and commemoratives have always maintained value just not accrued any added value , 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one I believe to be a 10 but it is in 32/20

 

                                                                                            Largo

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I have one I believe to be a 10 but it is in 32/20

 

                                                                                            Largo

Largo, if it is in .32-20 it is probably a K frame called the M&P, those were the original Military & Police. S&W did not start using Model numbers until 1957.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Ooh...that’s Cool, Rye. I really like that one. 
 

Of course you should shoot it...a lot!

 

Here is a picture of my model 10. It is a Hong Kong C&E lend lease. C&E is Customs and Excise police. When I got the gun it was basically new. If it had been fired it wasn’t much. But some jasper apparently swapped the grips out, but that’s okay. I like it. I love the lanyard ring and refuse to remove it. Finding grips that accommodate the lanyard is a pain but I wanted to keep it original looking so I bought a BK Grip adaptor. It’s basically a plastic T-Grip. 
I would recommend that if you feel you need a different grip give these a try. 
https://bkgrips.com/

 

Here is a photo of my model 10 with the BK grip added and one without. 
 

A24E74D7-EE8B-47AA-AD4D-F1741DE407B7.thumb.jpeg.75ab0d8866cc4350a8756eb211075507.jpeg

 

BCC72E8C-3E39-4DD8-BB51-F5753B9F825C.thumb.jpeg.ef70a1d4fd1f4839c1132538e0f734b4.jpeg

 

Pat, the 10-5 I bought in 2019 has the same square butt grip. So you like the Bk grip?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Pat, the 10-5 I bought in 2019 has the same square butt grip. So you like the Bk grip?

Yes. It seems like it’s a bit thicker than a Tyler T-grip, going by my memory of my friend’s gun. I did have to file the inside channel to fit it, but that was no problem. I do like it and it helps my hold on the revolver. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes. It seems like it’s a bit thicker than a Tyler T-grip, going by my memory of my friend’s gun. I did have to file the inside channel to fit it, but that was no problem. I do like it and it helps my hold on the revolver. 

Pat's right, the BK is a little thicker than the Tyler. I have both on guns, having big paws, those grip adapters look vintage and help with the gun feeling comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.