SASS Wire Forum

Winchester (Miroku) 1873 Deluxe Sporting Lever-Action Rifle--Opinion Question

portugeejn

My brother bought one with high grade wood for $1300 plus but under $1400.  Long barrel, pistol grip stock, high grade wood, and octagon barrel.  The fit and finish is so much better than Uberti.

All I know is that I've wanted a '73 for years. Hubby (AKA gun boy, alias Jess Brown) always said no. He had a Uberti '73 in .45 and didn't like it. (More on that later.)

A neighbor had a Miroku '73 in .38 and Hubby liked it so much that he bought me one.

About the Uberti, I shot it once at the CA State WBAS Match in the Muchos Federales (64 rounds any number of legal WBAS guns and reload as needed to hit and KD all targets :)) side match and didn't notice much difference between it and our Marlin .45.

Beautiful gun, good price in my opinion. Fair warning, Miroku isn’t the best help when things break and there’s not much in the after market. My 66 44WCF has an issue and Winchester can’t-won’t help. It’s a wall hangar for now but a dang purty one!

bone stock out of the box you'll not find a better 73 in my opinion. I have a carbine and gave $1050 out the door. Of course it only makes sense that extra options would cost more. so in that aspect it's entirely up to you if it's worth that to you for that particular model. 

Archived