SASS Wire Forum

Defund the police idiocy

Whiskey Business

The complete idiocy of politicians across the country that want to reduce law enforcement budgets in favor of social projects that are known for failure is mind boggling. You want anarchy, this is how you get anarchy. The United States of America was founded on the rule of law.

Violent criminals have run amok in this country for months. Have not seen much outrage from our so called leaders until the Capitol protests. Too close to home for the cocktail quaffing, tennis anyone self aggrandizing elitist snobs in congress.

29 minutes ago, Whiskey Business said:

The complete idiocy of politians across the country that want to reduce law enforcement budgets in favor of social projects that are known for failure is mind boggling. You want anarchy, this is how you get anarchy. The United States of America was founded on the rule of law.

Violent criminals have run amok in this country for months. Have not seen much outrage from our so called leaders until the Capitol protests. Too close to home for the cocktail quaffing, tennis anyone self aggrandizing elitist snobs in congress.

We are going to have UNITY!  I guess that is what those characters in Downtown Denver around the State Capitol, and those in Seattle or wherever were doing burning stuff last night.  They were unified in their anarchic activities! :angry:  People say to cheer up, it could be worse.  I'm afraid if I do cheer up it'll get worse! :ph34r:

On Inauguration Day, Antifa attacked the Oregon Democrat HQ.  Has anyone heard Biden, his Admin, or Gen Psaki condemn it?

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

The complete idiocy of politians across the country that want to reduce law enforcement budgets in favor of social projects that are known for failure is mind boggling. You want anarchy, this is how you get anarchy. The United States of America was founded on the rule of law.

............................... Ma'am ... if you keep holding back like that, you'll likely do yourself some serious damage !  :blink:

Tell us how you really feel   

:wub:

The irony in this "defund" movement is that since 1964 the same areas of poverty and high crime that the Civil Rights Act of that year was supposed to fix, has not happened. Despite dozens of programs and millions of tax dollars, these areas have remained pretty much the same.

But they keep re-electing the same party.

And keep reaping the same results.

So how are the police the problem?

And if so, how does defunding them cure the problem?

18 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............................... Ma'am ... if you keep holding back like that, you'll likely do yourself some serious damage !  :blink:

Tell us how you really feel   

:wub:

That just touched the surface.

1 hour ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

The irony in this "defund" movement is that since 1964 the same areas of poverty and high crime that the Civil Rights Act of that year was supposed to fix, has not happened. Despite dozens of programs and millions of tax dollars, these areas have remained pretty much the same.

But they keep re-electing the same party.

And keep reaping the same results.

So how are the police the problem?

And if so, how does defunding them cure the problem?

More like hundreds of billions of tax dollars have been dumped in those areas.

5 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I read a couple of news reports that described what went on in Portland on inauguration day. They made no attempt or reference as to who was responsible.

Communists that call themselves  Antifa.
I wouldn’t doubt that it was just for show so that certain politicians that are aligned with communistic ideals can say they abhor what is going on so they appear more moderate. 

7 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Just have these printed up and get them signed.

waver.jpg.2ab890af01b5c64c3f1b74daa6491a1e.jpg

If I had the funds I'd print a few thousand of these and hire some youngun's to stick them on windshields of cars across the city!!

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Communists that call themselves  Antifa.
I wouldn’t doubt that it was just for show so that certain politicians that are aligned with communistic ideals can say they abhor what is going on so they appear more moderate. 

More like useful idiots, I think.  Anarchists with no real agenda except to tear down and burn anything they can touch.  These are not the army of the proletariat; they are a mob of the unwashed, entertaining themselves on someone elses's dime, and going home to Mom and Dad's at the end of each "protest".  

LL

Politics isn't about facts and logic, it's about emotion, fund raising, votes and keeping their precious position or seat in government.

So those politicians pushing to defund the police are doing what the majority of THEIR constituents want, even if their constituents are unable to recognize that if they achieve their goal of defunding the police that the crime rate will skyrocket.

1 minute ago, Chantry said:

Politics isn't about facts and logic, it's about emotion, fund raising, votes and keeping their precious position or seat in government.

So those politicians pushing to defund the police are doing what the majority of THEIR constituents want, even if their constituents are unable to recognize that if they achieve their goal of defunding the police that the crime rate will skyrocket.

Who do you think will be doing the criminal activity?

kR

26 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

Who do you think will be doing the criminal activity?

kR

The same ones as now and probably some more of the area's constituents will start 

Defund the police is the most ridiculous thing the libs have come up with yet and they've come up with some doozies! 

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Defund the police is the most ridiculous thing the libs have come up with yet and they've come up with some doozies! 

The next 4 years will be “Hold my beer, watch this”.

I think buying some water cannons equipped with video cameras would be awesome. It would stimulate the economy, clear the streets, clean the streets, put out molotov cocktails and if you started a youtube channel you could make money to pay for them. Not to mention the entertainment value.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

More like useful idiots, I think.  Anarchists with no real agenda except to tear down and burn anything they can touch.  These are not the army of the proletariat; they are a mob of the unwashed, entertaining themselves on someone elses's dime, and going home to Mom and Dad's at the end of each "protest".  

LL

Agreed.

14 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Sometimes we just gotta give folks the leeway to screw up.

;)

I prefer the analogy of "enough rope".  :P

19 hours ago, Whiskey Business said:

The complete idiocy of politicians across the country that want to reduce law enforcement budgets in favor of social projects that are known for failure is mind boggling.

Why do you want to take cops away from fighting crime so they can respond to a call that should be handled by social workers? Your absolutism is not any better than that on the left.

17 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Why do you want to take cops away from fighting crime so they can respond to a call that should be handled by social workers? Your absolutism is not any better than that on the left.

Except that it may be impossible from a 911 call or a citizen complaint to determine whether you need a police response or a mental health professional. at least in the first instance.  Would you prefer to send an unarmed responder into a potentially deadly scenario?  If there were a reliable way to differentiate between "real" crimes and social needs, I'm sure that the police would prefer to handle the crimes and leave the "soft" matters to others.  But until that separation can be made quickly and reliably, you can't expect the police to NOT respond, or to respond with less than complete precautions for their own safety.

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Except that it may be impossible from a 911 call or a citizen complaint to determine whether you need a police response or a mental health professional. at least in the first instance.  Would you prefer to send an unarmed responder into a potentially deadly scenario?  If there were a reliable way to differentiate between "real" crimes and social needs, I'm sure that the police would prefer to handle the crimes and leave the "soft" matters to others.  But until that separation can be made quickly and reliably, you can't expect the police to NOT respond, or to respond with less than complete precautions for their own safety.

+10000

20 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I don't really know you too well, but it seems that I remember you posting before that you're former LEO so obviously your opinion should carry more weight on this topic than mine. It just seems to me that 911 dispatchers already make choices between police and fire and EMT and in many instances they could do the same for this. It also seems that if you have social workers in your budget and you default to using police instead of them that you're not making the best use of your budget or your different resources. I didn't say it's easy, but I've never known police to say that not being easy would ever stop them from doing something,

I do want to say another thing though, I've heard people say they should use somebody besides police to "de-escalate" domestic disturbance situations, even I know that's one of the worst ideas ever.

Archived