SASS Wire Forum

Gas

Hells Comin

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Wait until your state and Federal governments start introducing and/or increasing the Carbon Tax!!

I had so many gas points at Kroger that I got 95 cents a gallon off. :)

I talked to a professional who said expect tax hikes everywhere.

Be prepared to pay more.  MUCH more.

I have a prediction... Y'all ready for this?  :)

I can look into my upside-down goldfish-bowl crystal ball, and I can see the newly emplaced Federal officers willing to happily supplement the cost of Emperor Newsom's California Choo-Choo project.  ^_^

Heck... another $100 billion or so oughtta do it...  :rolleyes:

Animated GIF

$6.00 gallon by mid summer is a real possibility out here.

4.09 at the expensive Chevron station down the road. 3.79 at one Valero and 3.09 at the cheaper one. Glad I bought that 1977 Kawasaki for the kids to learn on, it might turn into my main transportation. I had already transitioned to my BMW with a sidecar instead of the Silverado, may have to downsize again.

Up $.56 a gallon here since election day!! Knew it’d happen!  We hafta’ support all those idiots that voted themselves a “no work” federally funded paycheck!!

$6.00 a gallon. I will pay it. I may even add a bumper sticker to my Miata and my truck that says “(blank) electric cars”. The blank will be a single finger salute. Better yet, I should put one on my bike. I can legally ride in carpool lanes on my bike...Just to irk the tree huggers and sheeple here in the SoCal area. 

I really cant wait for everything to go up in price So the Young people 18 to 35 can see what the voted for :P

Forget taxes.  Biden's Keystone pipeline kill will keep us dependent on foreign oil for the foreseeable future.  Not to mention the impact of the lost jobs.

About $0.15/gal for Keystone pipeline suspension,  and an equal amount for joining back into Paris Accord.......more to come.

8 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

It'll probably go up even higher here in WA because our Fearless Leaders want to drastically increase the gas tax to pay for more of their pet liberal programs.

Legislation has already been filed in Olympia.  18 cent increase per gallon plus a carbon tax.  The same carbon tax we have voted down multiple times.

Biden dumped the Keystone Pipeline through an executive order.  Appx 11,000 jobs to lose.

Gasoline prices will go up, for a variety of "reasons". I heard on a radio talk show, the other day, that one reason for the increase is the new covid vaccine. They believe it will successful, and that will mean more travelling, so they are jacking their prices up, on the notion that more folks will be out on the road, and demand will be a lot higher. Hasn't really happened yet, but forecasting/speculation on what "may be" drives a lot of this. 

Obviously, it is the consumer that will pay for their speculation. Speculation = guessing. 

I have a lot of things to answer for, come judgment day, but I am glad I won't have to stand there, and try to explain this policy. 

W.K.

Rising prices, rampant inflation, and lost jobs are all good signs of progress if you are on the side of a universal income and free health care.

Utopia isn't free folks - we all have to be forced to do our part.

Well, Barry said that it 'wasn't fair' that we weren't paying $9 a gallon for gas like Europe years ago. 

It's not like President Creepy Uncle Shotgun Joe has had any original thoughts in decades, so you can see where he's headed.

53 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Well, Barry said that it 'wasn't fair' that we weren't paying $9 a gallon for gas like Europe years ago. 

It's not like President Creepy Uncle Shotgun Joe has had any original thoughts in decades, so you can see where he's headed.

Yup. We have very cheap gas opposed to Europe. But they have

Tiny cars

A train system that goes everywhere

Storescand towns within a stone’s  throw of their homes

I have a 35 mile drive to the grocery store. 9 bucks a gallon would kill me.

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yup. We have very cheap gas opposed to Europe. But they have

Tiny cars

A train system that goes everywhere

Storescand towns within a stone’s  throw of their homes

I have a 35 mile drive to the grocery store. 9 bucks a gallon would kill me.

You don't expect a little things like facts and reality to interfere with them achieving the "fairness" that they are looking for, do you?

Besides, they have no idea what it's like living anywhere except in a large metroplex with infrastructure similar to Europe.  They figure that the great unwashed can just rely on mass or public transit- except that mass and public transit systems are the exception rather than the rule on this side of the Pond and, even where they are present, they rarely overlap or interconnect.

15 hours ago, MizPete said:

Forget taxes.  Biden's Keystone pipeline kill will keep us dependent on foreign oil for the foreseeable future.  Not to mention the impact of the lost jobs.

They say they want to go green. Yet the foriegn oil countries do not have any where near the environmental regulations we do. 

We need more jobs, not less. 

This green new deal will impoverish many here. 

Archived