SASS Wire Forum

SE Regional "Ambush at Cavern Cove" 2021

Barkeep Casey

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee State was great, now it's time to look forward to the Regional! 

I think it's appropriate to carry our trash talking from the TN State thread to this one.  

Will Possum Williams get revenge? Will the chicken foot curse continue? Will the Cracker Crew repeat, or be defeated by the Peach Posse?  Could the Vols sneak in through the back door and take the Trail Rider win (just kidding, we know that won't happen). 

The only way to find out is to sign up and attend.

6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Could the Vols sneak in through the back door and take the Trail Rider win (just kidding, we know that won't happen). 

Hey Bama got beat last night, anything is possible...

31 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Hey Bama got beat last night, anything is possible...

Not only did Bama get beat, they got beat by an unranked team.  Florida almost beat them a couple of weeks ago.   I always knew Texas A&M was good for something.

14 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I heard, through the grapevine, that there were some folks still trying to recruit some Tennessee help at the banquet last night...

There may be a Tennessee surprise come regional time...

I heard that too.  Is their bench deep enough?

12 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Not only did Bama get beat, they got beat by an unranked team.  Florida almost beat them a couple of weeks ago.   I always knew Texas A&M was good for something.

Bama will win out, beat Georgia in the SEC championship and Saban will pick up another ring in January. You heard it here first.

18 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Bama will win out, beat Georgia in the SEC championship and Saban will pick up another ring in January. You heard it here first.

I concur; it's disappointing too(not that I want Georgia to take it all either):(

If you'd like to cheer me up and get me a birthday present(10/21) I'd ask that you and Branchwater trade ammo for one stage at Ambush; that ought to get TW 3-5 seconds on you and it'll help me gain a few seconds on BJ...:ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I concur; it's disappointing too(not that I want Georgia to take it all either):(

If you'd like to cheer me up and get me a birthday present(10/21) I'd ask that you and Branchwater trade ammo for one stage at Ambush; that ought to get TW 3-5 seconds on you and it'll help me gain a few seconds on BJ...:ph34r:

Lol. Me shoot BP for a stage at Ambush? Nope, but I’ll be shooting Frontiersman in the black powder match.

13 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Lol. Me shoot BP for a stage at Ambush? Nope, but I’ll be shooting Frontiersman in the black powder match.

Can't pull one over on y'all, :lol:

I don't think I'll get there in time for the BP match, so good luck! Remember only one hand on revolvers for Frontiersman ;)

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

One year, at georgia, my wife and I were sharing a gun cart.

Her box of bullets and my box of bullets just spilled out and we're laying loose all over the bottom of the gun box.

We weren't able to differentiate between hers, smokeless, and mine, not.

Ended up going back to the truck to get our spare ammo and using the other stuff for practice later.

After that, we came up with a new process for identifying bullets of different powder.

We will not make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I heard that too.  Is their bench deep enough?

That, my friend, is the key.

The winner is not, historically, decided by the top 5 from the state. It is the 6-10 shooters that are going to be the difference.

10 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

That, my friend, is the key.

The winner is not, historically, decided by the top 5 from the state. It is the 6-10 shooters that are going to be the difference.

That's it.  Blame it on us mediocre shooters.

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

that ought to get TW 3-5 seconds on you 

Funny story. One stage, my rifle locked up(luckily with only 1 rd left in it). When I got back to my gun cart, a chicken foot had found its way back to me. I figure Cap'n BB paid someone to doctor it up for him.:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Funny story. One stage, my rifle locked up(luckily with only 1 rd left in it). When I got back to my gun cart, a chicken foot had found its way back to me. I figure Cap'n BB paid someone to doctor it up for him.:ph34r:

We're trying to figure out who put the chicken foot on Leadbone's cart?

He found it at the livery and shot better the rest of the match.

8 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

We're trying to figure out who put the chicken foot on Leadbone's cart?

He found it at the livery and shot better the rest of the match.

The chicken foot traveled quite a bit!  It started with TW putting the hex on me and slipping that sucker into my back pocket.  From there I gave it to the Iron Cowboy who slipped it to the Krazy Kajun, who in turn passed it along to Beaudacious.  Beaudacious passed the curse back to the Kajun, who then slipped it onto my gun cart.  At that point I figured we better bring this hex to a close before it got someone hurt, so I left the chicken foot on a table by the gallows.  Where it went from there I don't know.

It had some powerful hex forces though as the recipients racked up 3 procedurals, 17 misses (at least) untold number of shotgun makeups and untold number of jacked out rifle rounds. 

I've heard bear mace is a powerful anti-hexing agent, so I plan to bring some to the regional and spray anyone carrying a chicken foot in my vicinity or the vicinity of my gear!  I'm looking at you 'Possum Williams'

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The chicken foot traveled quite a bit!  It started with TW putting the hex on me and slipping that sucker into my back pocket.  From there I gave it to the Iron Cowboy who slipped it to the Krazy Kajun, who in turn passed it along to Beaudacious.  Beaudacious passed the curse back to the Kajun, who then slipped it onto my gun cart.  At that point I figured we better bring this hex to a close before it got someone hurt, so I left the chicken foot on a table by the gallows.  Where it went from there I don't know.

It had some powerful hex forces though as the recipients racked up 3 procedurals, 17 misses (at least) untold number of shotgun makeups and untold number of jacked out rifle rounds. 

I've heard bear mace is a powerful anti-hexing agent, so I plan to bring some to the regional and spray anyone carrying a chicken foot in my vicinity or the vicinity of my gear!  I'm looking at you 'Possum Williams'

Won't work. In his efforts to become his idol(Davy Crockett; remember he killed 103  one year) he's been spraying himself with bear mace and become impervious to it.  He thinks he's supposed to wear the mace like aftershave, but that's not really how it works; small wonder he ain't been mauled yet...

Y'all need to quit messing with them chicken feet(and white possums) though, something bad's gonna happen. Heck Tennessee or Alabama might slip in and win the trail driver award or something crazy like that. I think I better get Scarlett to sprinkle some special anti-hexing dust as she flies over the range.

So, there's a chicken foot on the loose a week and a half before the regional?! Cap'n, I'm gonna need a word with you regarding your irresponsible chicken foot disposal plan. You can watch this repeatedly in preperation of said meeting.

17 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Won't work. In his efforts to become his idol(Davy Crockett; remember he killed 103  one year) he's been spraying himself with bear mace and become impervious to it.  He thinks he's supposed to wear the mace like aftershave, but that's not really how it works; small wonder he ain't been mauled yet...

You know, Bow season opens on 10/15. That just may not be bear mace he's wearing...:wacko:

21 minutes ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

So, there's a chicken foot on the loose a week and a half before the regional?! Cap'n, I'm gonna need a word with you regarding your irresponsible chicken foot disposal plan. You can watch this repeatedly in preperation of said meeting.

The last person that possessed it(not me, I'm scared to even look at the thing) said they left it on the bench in front the Livery. @Tennessee williams you might want to go find that thing and dispose of it properly; There's a full moon on the 20th, hope you know the right incantation.

34 minutes ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

I knew what that was as soon as it started! Shows my age:o

There were so many chicken feet running around that match I thought we were having chicken legs at the banquet.

53 minutes ago, Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 said:

So you're saying I'm ruggedly good looking and shoot my rifle really fast just like Chuck Connors?  Why thanks Buck, I didn't know you felt that way.

Last I saw the Chicken Foot was hanging from a rope like mistletoe on Stage 1 at Tennessee. Needless to say the whole posse was effected. I went back later to properly dispose of it, and there was a small sign hanging from the rope that said see you in Alabama.

Today's picture(s) of the day...

Untitled.png.ed974a6154a2f6322481df45fa3be1dc.png

Last year, scoring only the top 5 shooters, it was an even contest between GA and FL. They were trailed by TN, KY, AL, SC, NC, and MS.

It was the performance of the 6-10 shooters that slid TN into second place and kept FL out front. When you rank only the 6-10 slots, it was TN, FL, AL, NC, GA, KY, and SC.

@Captain Bill Burt, we'll have to ask @Buck D. Law, SASS #62183 if he can add state to the next Shooters List that he posts here on the SASS wire.

Tennessee picked up a couple recruits for Trail Driver this weekend. Blackfish Kid and Long Colt Tommy are now on the roster.

Y'all know I'm not one to stir the pot, howsomever, just to let you know, the incantation I worked on all the feet (yes ALL the feet) will cause anyone who decides to dispose of it in a trash can to get the walking farts followed by the runs.:ph34r:

I have it on good authority that @Kid Richhas a natural immunity to chicken foot hoodoo. Me and him went to the local Tyson chicken farm and done some scalping. Now all their chickens run around in circles cause they only have one foot. 

There's one super special chicken foot in the bunch. I sure hope non of yall get that one!

2 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Tennessee picked up a couple recruits for Trail Driver this weekend. Blackfish Kid and Long Colt Tommy are now on the roster.

I heard a rumor that Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty might be moving to Tennessee by the end of the week?

Randy 

2 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I heard a rumor that Missouri Traveler and Missouri Lefty might be moving to Tennessee by the end of the week?

Randy 

Working on their new Id's now:ph34r:

Archived