SASS Wire Forum

SASS Plinker Class

M D Lancaster

“Category”, please.

Highly doubtful this will be adopted as an official SASS category.  Some clubs have created an unofficial category allowing the use of rimfire firearms by all ages.

At Firelands Peacemakers we are going to allow .22’s. They will be scored separately from the main match shooters. We’re also talking about a “mixed “ class for those who may not have 2 pistols and a rifle in 22. For instance, you could shoot one pistol in 22 and the other in whatever. Anything to let shooters come out and have some fun despite the ammo/primers problem.

I just bought a Ruger Wrangler this morning because of ammo shortage.  Hopefully I will only have to use my 22 for practicing.

PS: later this afternoon, while looking for 22LR for the Wrangler, I found a brick of Large Pistol primers for a not-too-bad price of $50.  That will be good for 8 more monthly matches at Green River!  (Or 10 at Wartrace)

:ph34r:  Our club, Robber's Roost Vigilantes, has for years offered the IWIW22A category (I wish I was 22 again).  Same rules as for buckaroos; KD's need only be hit, needn't go down.  That said, we have KD's which can be calibrated such that they WILL go down with a .22 hit. 

Any SASS legal shotgun allowed.

I tried it ouit last Saturday and learned that:  1- It ISN'T as fast as using your center fire main-match guns; 2- Lever/trigger timing is very different; 3- It's still fun, and you can still MISS......:o

Archived